GTi-6 wheel bolt length
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default GTi-6 wheel bolt length

Hi People

I was trying on a set of cyclones on my 180 today and it felt like the wheel bolts were short. On the 180 the wheel bolts take ages to unscrew where as on the cyclone wheels the 180 wheel bolts needed only about half the amount of turns to tighten.

Does anyone here know if there is a difference in wheel bolt lengths between a GTI-6 and that of a 180?

Advertisement

Thanks in advance
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Icon10

I had the same problem when I put the cyclones on my old Mi16. bolts were too short. I ended up using the Mi16 std bolts as they worked perfectly. Give the 180 bolts a go (if they fit), hopefully they will be ong enough. You may have to get some made otherwise, should cost more than $150.

cheers
    dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Fellow Frogger!

I'm just not keen on using the 180 bolts because I don't think that they go in long enough. However dave, you raised an intersting point. Does any one hear know whether gti-6 or mi-16 wheel bolts have the samre thread pitch and diameter so that they could be used on a 206 gti 180?
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Fellow Frogger!

I think the bolt dimensions as 12 x 1.25 mm, can anyone also confirm that this is the same case for both gti-6 and gti 180 wheel bolts.
    Bad_Karma

Fellow Frogger!

Anyone, Anyone?
    Bad_Karma

Thread Information