406 Diesel Fuel filter guru required
  • Register
  • Help

Default 406 Diesel Fuel filter guru required

Hi all,
    A mate of mine has a 97 406 2.1 litre 12v 406 turbo diesel that he needs to change the fuel filter on.

He has been sent the following two filters:
    1. P/N 140634 Purflux C480 filter
    2. P/N 140629 (aka 190664) Purflux C422

The filter in it currently is a Lucas 916 (9001-916)

The problem is the two filters that have been sent look nothing like the one that is in it. The two Purflux filters have a metal cap on the bottom and the first one is clearly a lot smaller than whats in it.
    The Lucas filter in it has a plastic housing and is open at the bottom.

Where do I get the Lucas filter? I assume this was fitted at City Peugeot as it has a full service history from them. Is the Lucas filter the right one and am I being sent the wrong ones.

Advertisement

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

According to the Purflux website, the C422 is for chassis numbers up to 07302 and the C480 is for the later ones. The Purflux filters look different to the Lucas - it's the same on my 504 diesel. I had trouble with air leaks with the Purflux so I went back to a Lucas. I may have fitted the Purflux incorrectly so I'll try it again next time before condemning it.
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

Hi Stephen,
    Happy to fit a Lucas but where do you get them from??

Thanks...Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Hi Paul,

The Lucas on the 504 is fairly common. It's popular as an extra filter for 4WDs and is readily available. I've just had another look at the Purflux site and it seems that Peugeot and Citroen are about the only makes in this country that use the 406 filter so you might have to do some searching. You could start with a dealer and ask them if they know where to get a Lucas equivalent.
    Stephen
    '03 P406 HDI
    '16 Renault Master

Thanks for the advice guys. French Connection were able to supply me the correct one.
    Thanks again.

Thread Information