• Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Haynes762Extra
  • 1 Post By TroyO
  • 1 Post By Peter Chisholm

Thread: Haynes 762 Extra

Icon3 Haynes 762 Extra

Introducing Haynes 762 Extra

The Haynes manual is often much criticised and maligned, for but for all its shortcomings it is often the best information that we have ready access to.

Haynes 672 Extra is an attempt to update and expand upon the base manual. This project is concerned with the Haynes Peugeot 505 workshop manual #762 some the detail may apply equally well to other variants although that is not our main concern at the moment.

We are happy to receive diesel 505`s information for separate publication.

There is a wealth of information available on the internet the biggest problem is the time it takes to find what you need. Not to mention getting sidetracked in all sorts of other interesting stuff.. To simplify this process it is our intention to produce PDF pages for you to print and add to a folder “Haynes 762 Extra” a companion volume for your own copy of Haynes #762

Each addition, hint, tip, correction or composition will be numbered and referenced back to the appropriate page and paragraph of your Haynes. Where we suggest you write in the addition’s reference number to indicate the presence of more information on the subject in your own filing system.

Advertisement

Now you have an opportunity to help your fellow enthusiasts by sending whatever you consider important, your hints, tips, modification, corrections, photos explanations additions or web links to already published technical information via PM or email to Haynes 672 Extra or posting on this thread.

Please tell us the page number and position where you think your information should be added.

An experienced panel of 505 owners have agreed to assess the additions and corrections for publication here on Aussiefrogs. The best ideas will be used and acknowledged in publication. Numbers on the experienced panel have initially been deliberately kept low, please do not take offence if you were not contacted , if you have a particular interest and expertise and wish to help please PM us here at the team.

We look forward to your contributions and comments.

The Haynes 762 Extra team.
    okalford likes this.

1000+ Posts

Finally, we can find out how to put everything back together again!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Stuey
    1991 PEUGEOT 405 Mi16

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Couldn't be worse than a Gregory's manual: Step 1. Remove engine...

Tadpole

Default Peugeot 306 manual

Hello there,

My name is Vladimir and I'm writting from Novi Sad, SCG, Europe. I've recently bought a '96. Peugeot 306 and have gotten the users manual for it, but unfortunately it's in german, so I can't use it . Does anyone here know where I can find a downloadable version of this manual, the one like you guys have for 505 (service\users\maintainance - whatever manual)? I'd appreciate it very much !

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404
    Couldn't be worse than a Gregory's manual: Step 1. Remove engine...
    An old Haynes favourite....

Refitting is a reversal of removal.

Troy.
    505604 likes this.

How about gems like "This job is not considered to be suitable for the do-it-yourself motorist as six special tools are required etc"
    Splintex likes this.

Default Digressing replies

A good place to start would be stating which models have which diff ratios. (I know these can be found on this forum but not every 505 owner is a Frogger!)
    Another area to address is the way in which the photos are referenced. Each photo should have a direct reference in the text. I know that this is sometimes the case, but it should be the rule. (Have you noticed how clean the hands that appear in the photos are?! Armchair mechanics?)
    Wiring diagrams are not accurate and too generalised. I've already found that the tacho fitted to petrol cars is not shown.
    Speedo drive pinions. There'll all different! Which fits what??
    Oh... this could be a very long list!
    Anyway, thanks for taking the initiaive and doing this. There will be a lot of frustrated 505 owners hanging out for the final draft.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Tadpole

I hope this is the right place to post this.
    I have just purchased a 1998 406 V6 and would like to find a service manual for it. The basic Haynes manual does not cover the V6.
    It has 170,000 K and I an unable to find out when the timing belt was last done.
    I have a friend who is a quite competent mechanic and he is prepared to change the timing belt for me. However I need to know if there are any issues we need to know before he starts.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Cheers, Harry

1000+ Posts

The only way to get details for the 406 V6 is to buy a digital manual. Generally try eBay UK
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

Tadpole

Thread Information