Change or not
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Change or not

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! 30780Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney/ Australia
    Posts
    250

    Default Change or not

    Hi guys

    Advertisement


    Went to my dealer to today and got a quote on my car, was interested in swapping a 180 myself......
    If the dealer say i can go for a direct change for a 180 should i do it???
    My 307 Xsi Auto is 2 yrs now.......With extended warrenty
    The dealer said he will call me back tomor to give me an answer!!!

    Herman

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    Hi guys

    Went to my dealer to today and got a quote on my car, was interested in swapping a 180 myself......
    If the dealer say i can go for a direct change for a 180 should i do it???
    My 307 Xsi Auto is 2 yrs now.......With extended warrenty
    The dealer said he will call me back tomor to give me an answer!!!

    Herman
    Hell yes, the 180 is a sensational cars. Read into what you want, however, I am yet to meet a 180 owner who isn't in love with the car, although some on this board will call that rose coloured glasses....
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts rustymunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    A galaxy far far away....
    Posts
    1,078

    Icon6 Deal!!!!!!!!

    307 80Y!!!!!

    You gotta do the swap, you haaaave to!!! Are you kidding? A direct swap for the top of the line sports Peugeot. I have got to say you will love the 180 soo much more

    A 307 is big boring and slow. A 180 is sharp beautiful and quick

    Comfort will be the main downside on your new car I would think. But how could you not want to do the swap???

    P.S. If you are a very tall person, maybe you should stay away from the 180, broad shoulders also will provide a very uncomfortable ride.

    rock on.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    nahh don't do it, its slower than an RSC!..... joshin. Just do it & join the club. - Chris
    ... ptui!

  5. #5
    I might be slow... DRTDVL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    P.S. If you are a very tall person, maybe you should stay away from the 180, broad shoulders also will provide a very uncomfortable ride.

    rock on.
    i'm 6'3 and didn't have a prob with the ones i drove

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts brenno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    2035
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    Hi guys

    Went to my dealer to today and got a quote on my car, was interested in swapping a 180 myself......
    If the dealer say i can go for a direct change for a 180 should i do it???
    My 307 Xsi Auto is 2 yrs now.......With extended warrenty
    The dealer said he will call me back tomor to give me an answer!!!

    Herman
    Did you mention the swap or did the dealer? I'd be surpised if it was their suggestion. The wholesale price of your car would be around 20-24K I would guess, if it was in good condition with average kms.

    I'd expect the dealer would want roughly 10K on top of your car to trade. I'm interested to hear what they do quote for a trade.

    I've heard of 180's going for 30K on road lately, so this might be in your favour.

    Good luck.

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! 30780Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney/ Australia
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Did you mention the swap or did the dealer? I'd be surpised if it was their suggestion. The wholesale price of your car would be around 20-24K I would guess, if it was in good condition with average kms.

    I'd expect the dealer would want roughly 10K on top of your car to trade. I'm interested to hear what they do quote for a trade.

    I've heard of 180's going for 30K on road lately, so this might be in your favour.

    Good luck.
    It was my suggestion and the dude said it is possible.......He said my car is in good condition and low kms.....But they still havent contact me yet, so i am still waiting....... i am suprise he suggested that i could do a direct swap too......i was expecting to pay some more money to replace to a 180!!!
    Hope i can get a good quote!!!

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    It was my suggestion and the dude said it is possible.......He said my car is in good condition and low kms.....But they still havent contact me yet, so i am still waiting....... i am suprise he suggested that i could do a direct swap too......i was expecting to pay some more money to replace to a 180!!!
    Hope i can get a good quote!!!
    Sounds like something a saleman would say. I can almost guarantee your car isn't worth the same as a new 180, but if are after a 180 and you can do the deal, then hell yes - go for it.

    Now that the T6 307 is out yours is worth even less as it isn't the current shape.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts brenno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    2035
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    In that case, I wouldn't even think twice about it. Just do it!

    Wow, 180 sales must be slow. Strange, I've been seeing heaps of them on the road lately.

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Wow, 180 sales must be slow. Strange, I've been seeing heaps of them on the road lately.
    There are only about half a dozen private adds online at the moment, plus a few more dealer adds for demonstrators.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! 30780Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney/ Australia
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    I can almost guarantee your car isn't worth the same as a new 180, Now that the T6 307 is out yours is worth even less as it isn't the current shape.
    Yeah that is what i thought too, thats why i was interested in the deal if it is true!!! Even a demo 180 i am interested doesnt have to be a brand new 180!!! But the dealer havent called me yet, so i assume they are not that interested.

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    Yeah that is what i thought too, thats why i was interested in the deal if it is true!!! Even a demo 180 i am interested doesnt have to be a brand new 180!!! But the dealer havent called me yet, so i assume they are not that interested.
    Call them!
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  13. #13
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    Yeah that is what i thought too, thats why i was interested in the deal if it is true!!! Even a demo 180 i am interested doesnt have to be a brand new 180!!! But the dealer havent called me yet, so i assume they are not that interested.
    I see from your avatar we are talking about an XSi - I missed that bit earlier. I would imagine the market for second hand 2dr 307s to be very small, probably smaller than GTis. They aren't exactly a family car.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod
    Call them!
    Yes do, that way you'll find out if they were serious. But only do so if you are serious. Remember you can't expect them not to bullsh*t you if they think you are bullsh*ting them.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    32

    Default 306

    What you really want to do is sell it privately, and then buy a 2001 306-gti. That way, you keep the larger car feel & save cash - those 206-gti's suffer from savage depreciation - just look at Carsales...

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strada
    What you really want to do is sell it privately, and then buy a 2001 306-gti. That way, you keep the larger car feel & save cash - those 206-gti's suffer from savage depreciation - just look at Carsales...
    I don't quite agree. Most GTi's (2001-2002) are selling for 19000-23000$.. That is pretty good depreciation in my opinion.
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  17. #17
    Fellow Frogger! 30780Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney/ Australia
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strada
    What you really want to do is sell it privately, and then buy a 2001 306-gti. That way, you keep the larger car feel & save cash - those 206-gti's suffer from savage depreciation - just look at Carsales...
    I still prefer the gti180....
    I'll give them a call now too

  18. #18
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strada
    What you really want to do is sell it privately, and then buy a 2001 306-gti. That way, you keep the larger car feel & save cash - those 206-gti's suffer from savage depreciation - just look at Carsales...
    All cars suffer from depreciation. Something like an '01 406 Coupe suffers a lot more than an '01 138, due to its up market stance in the first place. One should never by a car based on what it is going to be worth when the time comes to sell it. Buy it because you love it, it meets your needs, or you need transport.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  19. #19
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y
    I still prefer the gti180....I'll give them a call now too
    Considering a 307XSi will be hard to move later (although i think the 3Dr 307 was a good looker compared to the 5 Dr) .. moving to a MY05 car could be a good bet long term. (if a 206 suits your lifestyle - it's smaller).

    - xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  20. #20
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod
    I don't quite agree. Most GTi's (2001-2002) are selling for 19000-23000$.. That is pretty good depreciation in my opinion.
    Most cars loose about a third in 3 years, and half in 5 years. So those are about average.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  21. #21
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Considering a 307XSi will be hard to move later (although i think the 3Dr 307 was a good looker compared to the 5 Dr) .. moving to a MY05 car could be a good bet long term. (if a 206 suits your lifestyle - it's smaller).

    - xTc -
    I imagine it may also be more economical if driven in the same fashion as the XSi, though most likely it won't be.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger! 30780Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney/ Australia
    Posts
    250

    Default


    Just called the dealer and U guys are right, my car isnt worth that much !!!
    The dude said most likely cant do a direct swap, is a bit far off to the price!!!
    So i better stick back with my xsi then!!!

  23. #23
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Most cars loose about a third in 3 years, and half in 5 years. So those are about average.
    Yes, but that isn't savage depreciation which I was responding too..

    Sorry to hear that 30780Y... That's a shame...
    Last edited by 206 RC; 12th October 2005 at 03:12 PM.
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  24. #24
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 30780Y

    Just called the dealer and U guys are right, my car isnt worth that much !!!
    The dude said most likely cant do a direct swap, is a bit far off to the price!!!
    So i better stick back with my xsi then!!!
    Did they give you a change over price?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  25. #25
    Fellow Frogger! 30780Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sydney/ Australia
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Did they give you a change over price?
    Nah i didnt ask, as i was only interested in a direct swap!!!
    Also he said his general manager is off until friday, so couldnt give me a direct quote yet...
    He only told me from his experience that i couldnt get a direct swap!!!
    A bit disappointed now....haha

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •