Peugeot 205gti Blankoff or Hose
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 205gti Blankoff or Hose

Hey Guys,
    To cut a boring and sad story short, i got my 205 back from the mechanic a few days ago and i think hes put a blankoff where there shouldnt be one. Thing is i cant remember if there was a hose or blankoff there beforehand.

Can anyone tell me if theres suppose to be a hose going somewhere? I dunno if these blankoff's can hold the pressure?

Heres the pics

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Peugeot 205gti Blankoff or Hose-blankoff4.jpg  

That's the coolant bleed screw. Well, it was. That size might be ok. Bigger ones push off though.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

In my car, that blanked off port used to go to a port in the under side of the inlet butterfly, then from there back to near the radiator cap in the reservoir tank. This is to stop the butterfly from icing up in cold conditions. Where the blue hose in the photo is coming out of, the same fitting in my car has a broken bolt in it (not me). From the photos it looks like the mechanic has done the same mod as I have & redirected it straight to the reservoir, bypassing the butterfly as we live in Australia, not Sweden. All good!
    -Will
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

Cheers Pete and Will, i really appreciate it, ill try and get a smaller blankoff if it can be squeezed on.

thanks

Thread Information