GTi6 Brakes into a Style
  • Register
  • Help

Default GTi6 Brakes into a Style

I have a plan bubbling away in my head to get bigger brakes when I need to replace pads and rotors.

So, simple question: Do the GTi6 Calipers and rotors fit onto the hub of a N5 style? I cant imagine there would be any difference. But can it be Done?

My guess is that a set of Gti6 calipers second hand would be the go, and just rebuild them. I'm guessing about $300-400?

Any better Ideas?

Cheers
    Tristan

Advertisement

At a guess the driveshafts are different, so I would assume the hubs are different.
    Master cylinder will be different also.

they should fit.
    the whole knuckle should just bolt up to the calipers and rotors.

i changed my whole suspension/brakes to gti6 but im pretty sure they are the same mounting points

standard Xr calipers and strut ib right GTi on left

PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

I dont think there will be a big problem. Im putting the 283mm 307 brakes and calipers onto my 205 and they bolt straight on. I am already using a 306 MC so i dont see why they wont fit. I thought the N5 306 shared the same hubs as the GTi6.
    Cam
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    91 205 Si
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    I have a plan bubbling away in my head to get bigger brakes when I need to replace pads and rotors.

So, simple question: Do the GTi6 Calipers and rotors fit onto the hub of a N5 style? I cant imagine there would be any difference. But can it be Done?

My guess is that a set of Gti6 calipers second hand would be the go, and just rebuild them. I'm guessing about $300-400?

Any better Ideas?

Cheers
    Tristan
    isn't it easier to just fit pads with higher friciton co-efficients ?? the minute you put bigger brakes on the weight increases. also if you have ABS you need some serious work done there....

just make sure you have enough rim clearance as well, you don't want to have a disc bigger than what the rim allows.

Jason
    Jason

206 GTI MY01.5 Oversteer Edition

Myth Buster Logic : red cars go faster !!
    Red Car Bling factor :

Quote Originally Posted by J206GTI
    just make sure you have enough rim clearance as well, you don't want to have a disc bigger than what the rim allows.
    GTi6 disks and calipers have just enough clearance for the stock 15" alloys.

Troy.

Cool, Thanks for the replies. Clearance shouldnt be an issue. I have some aftermarket 15" rims. The car does not have ABS either, so that simplifies everything.

I was talking to Paul V about it and the only concern he has is that if the GTi6 caliper uses a larger piston, then the brake balance might be messed up. ie:, less pressure to the front...which would be an issue. He was actually trying to convince me to go to the brembos off the 406 coupe and fit 16''s !!!!!!!

BTW, the only reason i would get bigger brakes it because i just want to..

Tristan, you know a lighter car STOPS and handles MUCH better.... do you really use that back seat?? Is a spare really necesary (gti180 owners don't think so), no spare no jack either. Remove that rear carpet too son, no ones in there, hence those seat belts can go too. You don't need any of that trim either and I hear that the rear wiper assembly is overrated. Sedans don't have em, what do you need it for? Since the rear carpet is going why not take the front half out too, and just do with black matts doubel sided to the floor. Then sell the parts for a pair of ultralight weight SAAS race buckets, these will be about 12Kg lighter each & look dam tuff..... I reckon there is about 100Kg to go if your serious about it! which will def improve the cars braking prowes. - Chris

ps,......now about that dashboard.....
    ... ptui!

which would be an issue. He was actually trying to convince me to go to the brembos off the 406 coupe and fit 16''s !!!!!!!
    how much are they worth?
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

300BHP
    (For Sale)

Brembo on 205/306 - whilst the caliper will fit, getting a disc with the correct offset is almost impossible.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Tristan, you know a lighter car STOPS and handles MUCH better.... do you really use that back seat?? Is a spare really necesary (gti180 owners don't think so), no spare no jack either. Remove that rear carpet too son, no ones in there, hence those seat belts can go too. You don't need any of that trim either and I hear that the rear wiper assembly is overrated. Sedans don't have em, what do you need it for? Since the rear carpet is going why not take the front half out too, and just do with black matts doubel sided to the floor. Then sell the parts for a pair of ultralight weight SAAS race buckets, these will be about 12Kg lighter each & look dam tuff..... I reckon there is about 100Kg to go if your serious about it! which will def improve the cars braking prowes. - Chris

ps,......now about that dashboard.....
    hhhahahaha... If i go an a diet, that'll shave a few more kilos too. Perspex windows, CF bonnet, AC...out the door, Paint...now thats gotta weigh a couple of kilos. Id better stay sober or all this will start to sound like a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    hhhahahaha... If i go an a diet, that'll shave a few more kilos too. Perspex windows, CF bonnet, AC...out the door, Paint...now thats gotta weigh a couple of kilos. Id better stay sober or all this will start to sound like a good idea

HA!! , but honestly come on, you can lay abit of carpet over that rear area and have a small shagin-wagon, my old S16 didn't have a roll cage just for track work, it played a vital role in my social activities. - Chris
    ... ptui!

i was genna fit d8 406 v6 brakes to the fronts,only single piston but bigger than my 2000 xsi. caliper and disk wise aswel. was gena go the brembos but good luck finding them! the offset wasnt a major issue just would have too used 16 inch wheels for the non brembos.
    go too a brake retailer and get them too print you off their sheet that shows peugeot discs specs. then you can figure out for yaself what fits. i did just that. and the calipers fit too my hubs...
    good luck
    i speed up for round abouts,corners and chikanes

Mmmm Nice. How hard is it to fit something like these on a 306?

http://firesport.ipspace.com/?sectio...=show&id=28885
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

300BHP
    (For Sale)

Thread Information