Ipod Adaptor for the Gti 180
  • Register
  • Help

Default Ipod Adaptor for the Gti 180

Wondering if anyone has purchased a ipod bus adaptor for there factory clarion player in the 180. If so can you point me in the right direction.

Advertisement

I went to strathfield car radios they had ipod bus adaptors for kenwood and alpine only @ $199, they do not stock clarion products.
    04' GTi 180

check ebay. Most likely it will be an adapter that plus in to the stacker control.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    check ebay. Most likely it will be an adapter that plus in to the stacker control.
    Theres this

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4191.html

Clarion: EA1251E - Clarion I-Pod Adaptor

It reads

Tap into the power of portable digital music with the iPod® adapter. Start with any Clarion CE-NET headunit equipped with an IP-Bus connection and use the optional adapter EA1251E to link your iPod to your sound system for -literally - days of your favourite digital music.
    Any one know if the 180 unit is CE-NET equipped, i highly doubt it, perhaps the stacker would be...........
    Last edited by WRC180; 6th October 2005 at 11:20 PM.
    04' GTi 180

Quote Originally Posted by blackster
    Any know if the 180 unit is CE-NET equipped, i highly doubt it, perhaps the stacker would be...........
    All I can tell you is that it is a square, blue, 9 pin mini-ISO adapter on the back of the radio. I don't think this is CE-NET, but I have no idea for sure.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    All I can tell you is that it is a square, blue, 9 pin mini-ISO adapter on the back of the radio. I don't think this is CE-NET, but I have no idea for sure.
    Correct you are on both counts Simon. Easiest way to add iPod conectivity to the RD3 headunit is by patching into the cd stacker line-in. This has been done by at least one 307 Yahoo member, that I know of.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Correct you are on both counts Simon. Easiest way to add iPod conectivity to the RD3 headunit is by patching into the cd stacker line-in. This has been done by at least one 307 Yahoo member, that I know of.
    So the 180 pug clarion head unit is not CE-NET bus compatible, the clarion ipod adapter must be plugged from a clarion stacker?
    04' GTi 180

So the 180 pug clarion head unit is not CE-NET bus compatible, the clarion ipod adapter must be plugged from a clarion stacker?
    No the iPod is connected without an adapter. It is plugged into the cd stacker line. Headunit is getting a signal from what it thinks is the stacker.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    No the iPod is connected without an adapter. It is plugged into the cd stacker line. Headunit is getting a signal from what it thinks is the stacker.
    Sorry im getting a little confused

If what im understanding is correct, the pug head unit is CE-NET bus compatible. 9 pin mini-ISO adapter on the back of the pug clarion radio is what the stacker is hooked up to, and it also allows for the clarion ipod adaptor to be hooked into also.
    04' GTi 180

Apparently, with a wiring diagram, you can hook anything up to the stacker input. Some of the pins are standard line-in inputs and the other pins are for the controls. ie: skipping tracks. But thats about as much as I know.

Go get yourself a nice eclipse unit, or a nakamichi with a AUX line in. Or get a simple pioneer unit with an iPod control. Easier, faster, better.

Sorry im getting a little confused

If what im understanding is correct, the pug head unit is CE-NET bus compatible. 9 pin mini-ISO adapter on the back of the pug clarion radio is what the stacker is hooked up to, and it also allows for the clarion ipod adaptor to be hooked into also.
    The headunit IS NOT CE-NET compatible. The Clarion iPod adaptor isn't needed. The 9 pin mini-ISO adapter for the stacker has a connector spliced into it. This spliced in connector is plugged into the iPod. The headunit thinks it is getting a signal from the stacker but it is coming from the iPod.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Apparently, with a wiring diagram, you can hook anything up to the stacker input. Some of the pins are standard line-in inputs and the other pins are for the controls. ie: skipping tracks. But thats about as much as I know..
    Correct you are.

Go get yourself a nice eclipse unit, or a nakamichi with a AUX line in. Or get a simple pioneer unit with an iPod control. Easier, faster, better.
    But then you loose the stereo remote and dash display. Plus by keeping the standard unit your costs are less and you can build a real sleeper system.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Few options here. Let me know how you go as I'm thinking of doing the same in the near future.

206Gti180 cd tuner
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    2004 Black 206 GTi 180
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Thread Information