Bfg Tyre ?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Bfg Tyre ?

Default Bfg Tyre ?

Has anyone here used the new B F Goodrich 185/60 r 14 g force sport on their 205 or similar type car.
    while shopping yesterday for tyres i heard this tyre come up again and again.
    they were all saying that they are great value for money and grip real well in the wet and dry.
    they are a directional tyre tread pattern and have that protruding bead coming out the side to protect the rims from kerb marking.
    they cost about 129 per tyre.
    they are said to last a while as well,ive been running pirelli p6000 powergy's which are ok but are getting a bit low on tread.-BAZZ

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    Has anyone here used the new B F Goodrich 185/60 r 14 g force sport on their 205 or similar type car.
    while shopping yesterday for tyres i heard this tyre come up again and again.
    they were all saying that they are great value for money and grip real well in the wet and dry.
    they are a directional tyre tread pattern and have that protruding bead coming out the side to protect the rims from kerb marking.
    they cost about 129 per tyre.
    they are said to last a while as well,ive been running pirelli p6000 powergy's which are ok but are getting a bit low on tread.-BAZZ

Bazz

I have used the BFG Comp TA Z rated tire and is an excellent value: very good handling, great price and good grip for at least 25000 km

Thanos

I've got 195/50-15's on my 205, was happy with them for the first few 1000km but not since.
    Bad in the wet and even in the dry at times.
    I suppose they've worn ok for the punishing they've copped, but my goodyear F1's lasted much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos
    Bazz

I have used the BFG Comp TA Z rated tire and is an excellent value: very good handling, great price and good grip for at least 25000 km

Thanos
    They sound nice but they are they expensive?
    i dont want to spend more than $130-$140 a corner.
    So you dont like these tyres andreas ,is that the vibe im getting-BAZZ

I have had the gforce sport on the front of my GT for quite a while and they have been great, not wearing too bad either, i'm happy with them, just as good as my old fm901's.

Dave

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Baz, anything is better than P6000s.

Rach has got Pirelli P500 on hers (16" though) and stick like glue. Wish they came in 16"!!
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Fellow Frogger!

They sound nice but they are they expensive?
    i dont want to spend more than $130-$140 a corner.
    So you dont like these tyres andreas ,is that the vibe im getting-BAZZ
    I think they are well within your range. I have not used them for some time now and I do not remember if they come in the size you want, but maybe 195/55/14?

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    I've got 195/50-15's on my 205, was happy with them for the first few 1000km but not since.
    Bad in the wet and even in the dry at times.
    I suppose they've worn ok for the punishing they've copped, but my goodyear F1's lasted much longer.
    Do you want a pair of second hand F1s Andreas?
    Very little wear.
    Graham

BFG G-force sport won a Wheels Tyre test in 2004 against "sport touring tyres". They look to be a pretty neat tyre. I have the article scanned but haven't uploaded it to my website yet.

Have uploaded a few other tyre articles though: http://www.mymane.net/photos/articles
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Had their predecessor the Profiler G on my last Fuego. Good wet and dry grip and pretty predictable handling. Bit noisy though.

I ended up choosing Yokohama C Drive 185/55/15 tyres last weekend for my 205 gti
    They replace the A539. Extreamly quiet and grip is right up there.
    My 2 cents worth.

Pete

Baz is going for 14" tyres, the C-drive is only rated as an H speed in that size where as the BF is V rated.

There is nothing wrong with the BF's they seem to grip better than the potenza G3's I put on the girlfriends 306 - and the 306 should handle better than the Bx to start with. Probably won't beat them for the price.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Do you want a pair of second hand F1s Andreas?
    Very little wear.
    Graham
    Not yet Graham, but thanks anyway.

Baz, I was impressed with the gforce sport at first and talked my brother into putting them on the 306...but again today after coming home in the wet wouldn't buy them again.
    Might rotate them again and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Baz is going for 14" tyres, the C-drive is only rated as an H speed in that size where as the BF is V rated.

There is nothing wrong with the BF's they seem to grip better than the potenza G3's I put on the girlfriends 306 - and the 306 should handle better than the Bx to start with. Probably won't beat them for the price.

Dave
    whats the diff in the h or v speed rating,im not pulling land speed records here ,altho i do like to drive with a bit of spirit.[read hard cornering]i dont really go above say....150 max!,and thats very rare.-BAZZ

Fellow Frogger!

whats the diff in the h or v speed rating,im not pulling land speed records here ,altho i do like to drive with a bit of spirit.[read hard cornering]i dont really go above say....150 max!,and thats very rare.-BAZZ
    Bazz: go to www.tirerack.com

and all your tech questions will be answered. Beware of the tire reviews by users though; Americans think that 150 km/h is Mach 2 (or maybe 3)
    Thanos

h ~ 210
    v~ 240

Not really a problem, just an interesting fact, I would just assume a tyre with a higher speed rating would be better constructed.

Cheers,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    h ~ 210
    v~ 240

Not really a problem, just an interesting fact, I would just assume a tyre with a higher speed rating would be better constructed.

Cheers,

Dave
    Not a problem for a 205, but definitely a problem for an Mi16 in NSW. It's against the law to fit a H rated tyre to a V rated car.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Like one of your replies, I too have in the past used BFG profiler tyres which showed good handling & wear, as well as being good value for money. I would also agree they are noisy. I have no experience with G force though. As far as I am aware, BFG are owned by Michelin and do not tend to get the latest Michelin tyre technology.
    I would certainly recommend Continental tyres - very good grip & a little cheaper than Michelin if you compare similar types of tyres.
    John505

I'm uploading the Wheels April 2004 Tyre test up now, it has the BFG G-Force winning that particular category. http://www.mymane.net/photos/wheels0404
    Last edited by GTI124; 6th October 2005 at 01:25 AM.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    I'm uploading the Wheels April 2004 Tyre test up now
    thanks Lincoln - it's good to see our resident tyre nut posting stuff like this
    1994 306 S16 sold but not forgotten
    2004 Clio 182 current

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    Baz, anything is better than P6000s.

Rach has got Pirelli P500 on hers (16" though) and stick like glue. Wish they came in 16"!!

i wouldnt say anythings better than p 6000's have you ever had SIMAX yukkkk!!!!!, when they were new they were pretty good but i didnt buy them as a performance tyre at the time .i just needed something halfway decent and with 14'' tyres you dont get a big choice.
    they have an excellent wet rating,higher than most of their price and size and seeing as id just had a rear end up a police car[but thats another story.and beleive it or not THEIR FAULT]that had a BIG factor in buying them.
    however i have heared of them refered to as an old mans tyre but them again colin from alpine affair said thats what he puts on alot of peugeots when he sells them as they are a reasonable tyre for price and reasonable wearing.
    however the next tyres i buy im gonna treat myself and go for grip over wear just for hell of it,may as well after the recent suspension work ive done.-BAZZ

when i was getting my new rubbers (I went with bfg sport t/a's for a bargain at $105), there was a white Mi16 with g-force's on... someone on here? it was at Chapel Corner.

the blokes there also had a couple sets of 195/60r14 GY F1 GS-D2's still available for about $140... too big?

the sport t/a's are awesome... much stickier than the michelin xh1's and mxv3a's before them. scrubbed them in and going gangbusters. so if that's anything to go by, the g-forces can't be a bad pick at all!
    '98 306 ... looking for an upgrade! MY00 gti6 anyone?

what michelin tyres are available in 14 ''??.-BAZZ

Fellow Frogger!

Michelin Energy xm1 82H (185) 86H (195)
    BTW I believe Michelin make BF Goodrich. Also I think they're associated with other brands as in they own/part or make: Uniroyal, USG, Kleber, Riken & others.

Other tyres I have looked up on:
    Goodyear eagle ventura;
    B'stone Turanza ER592, Grid II, Grid III;
    F'stone TZ100, Wideoval;
    Dunolp Lemans LM600, SPSport 2000E;
    GT radial CH-128, Champiro GTX-60;
    Toyo TPG, Transas TEO;
    I know there are many others.
    Hope this helps.
    Puggy

Fellow Frogger!

what michelin tyres are available in 14 ''??.-BAZZ
    I hated the michelin energy 175 80 14 on the 504 coupe original steelies.

Thanos

Thread Information