206 engine racing then stalling
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 206 engine racing then stalling

Hi

My 206 (yr2000) started to race while i was driving it a couple of months ago, then would sometimes stall. took it to peugeot garage but they could not 'recreate the fault'. i thought maybe it was just my imagination, or my driving!

i have figured out now that this only seems to happen when the engine is cold, it races when idling before i set off or soon after i have started out. the stalling occurs when i try to pull away at a junction while the engine is racing. it dies completely and can be hard to re-start.

any ideas will be v useful - before something goes into the back of me!!!!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by fizzybubbles
    Hi

My 206 (yr2000) started to race while i was driving it a couple of months ago, then would sometimes stall. took it to peugeot garage but they could not 'recreate the fault'. i thought maybe it was just my imagination, or my driving!

i have figured out now that this only seems to happen when the engine is cold, it races when idling before i set off or soon after i have started out. the stalling occurs when i try to pull away at a junction while the engine is racing. it dies completely and can be hard to re-start.

any ideas will be v useful - before something goes into the back of me!!!!!
    It sounds like a dodgy idle stepper motor, or even an exhaust sensor that's confusing the poor little machine.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Don't modern cars have an auto choke? Couldn't be something to do with that, since it's happening only when cold?

Thread Information