Fave pug dealer in Sydney?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Fave pug dealer in Sydney?

Just went ot look at new cars and the 307 touring HDi 2.0 is coming out on top (I wanted a golf, but the missus likes the pug). Spoke to a guy at XXXXXXXX. Seemed ok but a bit greasy, if ya know what I mean. Prefer to leave all that out.

Advertisement

What are peoples tips for the best dealership in Sydney?

I'm just near blacktown, but i'm prepared to travel if I don't get jerked around or sleezed on. Tell me about positive experiences on good deals and service.
    Last edited by pete wood; 20th August 2005 at 11:51 AM.
    rear engined boxer mayhem @...
    www.geocities.com/peterwood73

Quote Originally Posted by pete wood
    I wanted a golf, but the missus likes the pug
    Out of curiousity, whats her argument?

We bought our 307 from Autosports in Arncliffe. We were quite happy with their service.

http://peugeot.autosportsprestige.com.au/

Careful with that page though. Obviously theres some people that think that loud sounds on webpage front pages are appropriate. Turn your speakers down first.

At the risk of going on like a broken record, our experience with a 307 was mediocre at best, and I am still blown away by how much better the Golf is to drive, and to live with.

Tadpole

simple really, Pug has a boot, the golf doesn't. I actually think the golf is a better buy, cheaper too. But there you go.

Aah yes, it's bigger I thought her preference for the Peugeot might have been for other reasons.

Welcome to Aussiefrogs by the way.

To be honest, if I needed a small wagon I'd be looking hard at a new Astra Wagon. From $23500 they represent pretty good value.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Aah yes, it's bigger I thought her preference for the Peugeot might have been for other reasons.

Welcome to Aussiefrogs by the way.

To be honest, if I needed a small wagon I'd be looking hard at a new Astra Wagon. From $23500 they represent pretty good value.
    I drove a late model 307 1.6 HDi hatch recently and found it a much more convincing car than the one I drove a couple of years ago.
    Heaps of torque and fantastic economy. The 2.0 litre must go really well.
    Additionally they seem to have fixed the noisy rear suspension unless it was just down to different tyres.
    The positioning of the clutch pedal was the only thing I could fault.
    Graham

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    ARE YOU READING HER MIND!?!

Yeah, it might be 23K, but there are two things that put me off.
    1. and I know this is petty, it's a holden. Hate the damn things.
    2. I've been driving a 1300 suzuki for the last 8 years. It's been great, but I'm sick of revving the nut off the engine to go up hills. I want something with at least a 2L engine and the Astra doesn't measure up.

Our other thought has been a liberty, but I don't know, seems like a big heavy thing that costs alot. The idea of a torquey HDi really gets me excited. BTW, the 307's towing load is up to 1400kg!

Tadpole

I can personally recommend the dealer at Parramatta. As for the salesman you were dealing with, simply talk to another one. The female sales assistant there is helpfull, although I would leave my wife behind if I were you! Let them know you were referred by another happy customer and that you are prepared to refer other friends and work colleagues there.(salesmen start to listen if they think they are going to sell a heap more cars!)
    good luck.

Tadpole

that's good to know.
    BTW, what do you say to push the price down? We got quoted 38K to put the car on the road and after looking at the Govt charges on the web, I reckon that's more than a bit inflated. That and my wife is a pensioner coz our little girl has a few issues.

Just for your info, apparently we are allowed to recommend good experiences on this forum, but not relate bad ones - especially with certain dealers (and particular sales staff) already mentioned.

We get into lots of trouble if we do that.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Yes I'm aware of the legal situation with slander and defamation cases. That's why I asked for positive experience stories. I'm sure if people felt the need to tell me negative stuff, they'd contact me privately.

Tadpole

My way of buying a new car:Alway's talk to the sales person face to face. Tell them you are a busy person and you don't have much time to shop around (even though you do) and so what is their best price. Then circulate around the dealers flinging the same tale, when you are satisfied you go back to the first one, and so on. When you can't beat them any further,then do the rounds again for the best trade in value (probably 3rd visit) Then when you are satisfied with the change over price and come to finance, you can bargain down the interest rate. Also, some dealers will negotiate on the dealer charges! Finally, when you are really happy and come to sign on a deal, you say "O.K but only if the car comes with floor mats and/or bonnet protector and/or headlight protectors!"

Some more tips: Play the game, play dumb. Pretend you don't know much about the car you are buying, and don't be a smart ass!
    Always get your trade-in washed nicely before presenting it to be valued.
    Don't be pressured into signing anything until you are satisfied, say you need more time to think about it.
    Tell them you are also looking at the equivalent model Citroen/Renault.
    Make sure your trade in has at least a few months rego and the tyres are in good nick, the bugger's will try to de-value it if they need doing.
    Finally, try and choose a car that they have in stock, either on the showroom floor or in the yard. Dealer's always try to change over this stock ASAP and are more willing to do adeal if your'e prepared to take one of these cars of their hands.
    Hope this helps!
    let us know how you go!

Oh and I nearly forgot! if your'e in the mood while bargaining, see if they can throw in 2 years free servicing!
    Last edited by PUGGER!; 21st August 2005 at 05:44 PM.

Tadpole

Definitely don't buy the Astra, there are several known issues with the Opel sourced engines in the Astra, Barina and Vectra models. You may want to also check out the Alfa 156 wagon, but once again don't buy the Selespeed model.

Thread Information