505 diesel wiring
  • Register
  • Help

Default 505 diesel wiring

G'day (or is it??)

Advertisement

Looking for somebody who has seen the wiring set up between the battery and the oil filter on a '82 turbo diesel and can help sort out the problem that came with the car. I've asked cruiserman for help in identifying where these wires should go but he is unable to be of assistance. The car had previously been converted from auto to manual, so some of the wiring could have been involved with the former transmission. The warning lights are dim and flash on and off when the car is driven over bumps. Cruiserman suggested the yellow wire could go to the switch on the oil filter housing. When I connected it the 20A fuse in the box blew.

Last edited by tassie505gti; 19th August 2005 at 07:46 PM.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Default Sorted

Thought that I would post this in order to add to the knowledge base. Thanks to ranger for his help. The wires are left overs from the days when the car was an automatic. When the manual conversion was done cruiserman bridged the starter lockout. The other 2 wires go to the reversing light switch on the gearbox. One supplies power to the switch, the other is connected directly to the reversing lights. Thanks to ranger the problem is now sorted and he even offered me a switch (the switch on the gearbox was damaged beyond repair presumably when the gearbox was fitted).
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

That explains why I couldnt remember those wires, they were cable tied down by the gearbox last time I saw them, along with the reverse light wire which was with them and still attached to the gearbox.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Thread Information