Neighbour reversed into my gti-6.
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Neighbour reversed into my gti-6.

Well 'nice' neighbour of mine has reversed into my car. Parents heard it at around 6am. Dad put his head out the window and saw the fella get out of the car and check any damage to his 7 series. He saw nothing of consequence. Gave a wave to my Dad and drove off. This was Three weeks ago. I noticed the left hand headlamp washer not there Ė looked like it was ripped off. Was mightily pissed as I hadnít known about the prang and my parents and I work different hours. Found out it was our neighbour and at closer inspection noticed the license plate pushed in and a small dent and scratch just beside where you lift the bonnet up. I can understand not seeing such minor damage so early in the morning but not coming to talk to me about if even after three weeks pisses me off. I have a quote from Contis for the washer - $200.12 + gst. Not sure what the fitting will cost. But I am really wanting to get the small dent taken out of the bonnet also. Figure when it comes time to sell I should have things in the best shape as possible. So even though it was a tiny prang it will still cost a wee bit of cash and with him not coming and chatting to me it makes me feel a bit awkward. So anyone know where I can get this part any cheaper? Gotta love your neighbours huh.

Advertisement

Blakey, have you thought about sking your neighbour to contribute to the repairs.
    He knows he's guilty, you have a witness and are getting quotes. I think you should ask the local police if you can aproach your neighbour first, then with information from your dad and police ask him, not confront but ask him nicely.
    A dent in your bonnet, pending on how bad wont be cheap. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!

Hey Chris, I am definately going to get him to pay and think he realises if there is damage that we expect him too. That is why I am trying to find this part at the best price, because he is our neighbour and there is would be prudent to keep things as calm as possible. Just grates me that he hasn't said anything to me yet - even if there was no damage - to just acknowledge it and move on. But nothing. Thing I am most concerned about is the small dent and scratch on the bonnet. But I suppose this can be cut and polished and pushed out right?

So you didn't sale it after all !!!!!!
    Quick, to the Poojet

Fellow Frogger!

hahaha no - but I was putting my car on notice to get it's arse into gear. Which is has. A little thread never hurts!

Tadpole

If it were me, I would get the neighbour to claim through insurance, your car is damaged through no fault of your own, it will only cost him his excess, and you should get the car fixed to its original condition, don't compromise, if he is driving a & 7 series he can afford it.
    Leeton31
    98 CAB 306

i argee get him to pay for it, he damaged it

Reverse a car into his prized bimmer and see how many minutes it take for him to come after you
    Seriously though. He did it, knows it and was seen, I say ask him nicely, then if he doesn't own up have you r insurance co sue his.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Thread Information