a few questions about the 405
  • Register
  • Help

Default a few questions about the 405

alright, i have a 405 with LOTS of cosmetic work needed and i have a few questions.

here they go..
    the glovebox latch is broken, how can i go about getting in the glovebox?

one of the back doors is permanantly locked, can i get it off by unscrewing the bolts from the latch on the B-Pillar? or how would i go about getting it UNlocked?

how do you get the inside door handles off? there is no screw to do it by like on my old honda and i sat there for hours trying to figure it out.

and the sunroof is stuck shut, it sounds like the motor is bad, how hard is that to replace? is it just underneath the headliner? and how do i get the headliner off?

sorry to post so many questions, but i wanna get the ball rolling on this car and everything im used to on more "normal" cars is totally different on the Peugeot. any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Brett LeGrand
    alright, i have a 405 with LOTS of cosmetic work needed and i have a few questions.

here they go..
    the glovebox latch is broken, how can i go about getting in the glovebox?

one of the back doors is permanantly locked, can i get it off by unscrewing the bolts from the latch on the B-Pillar? or how would i go about getting it UNlocked?

how do you get the inside door handles off? there is no screw to do it by like on my old honda and i sat there for hours trying to figure it out.

and the sunroof is stuck shut, it sounds like the motor is bad, how hard is that to replace? is it just underneath the headliner? and how do i get the headliner off?

sorry to post so many questions, but i wanna get the ball rolling on this car and everything im used to on more "normal" cars is totally different on the Peugeot. any help is greatly appreciated

year and model would help greatly. If it is a series two and black interior I have a glove box, entire that would help you out. The door handles screw off, look for the big holes and stick a #3 phillips screwdriver in there. Perhaps more help can come if you answer the above.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Fellow Frogger!

Default .

Hi Brett,

To get the door handles off get the biggest flat head screwdriver you can find and just lever them off. They are designed to just pop off.

Why is your door "permanently locked"? you should be able to open it manually by pulling the wire tab thing? Otherwise take the trimming off the door and you can get at the wires with your hand. In mine the back door locks stopped working properly with the central lock cos they were seized with muck, you can take them out of the door and degrease them, soak them in hot water, then lube and they may start working again. the locks can be removed using an allen key and i think a 10mm nut on the door handle which needs to come off. its a fiddly job but not a difficult one.

cant help you with the sunroof
    1984 505 STI

sorry, its an 89 Mi16, black interior, i have an extra glovebox, but thanks tho.

and i dont know why the door is permanently locked, but the back windows also dont work so i think someone did something to them.

i need to take the doors off to replace them with the doors from the parts car too.

thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by lunchcutter
    Hi Brett,

To get the door handles off get the biggest flat head screwdriver you can find and just lever them off. They are designed to just pop off.

Why is your door "permanently locked"? you should be able to open it manually by pulling the wire tab thing? Otherwise take the trimming off the door and you can get at the wires with your hand. In mine the back door locks stopped working properly with the central lock cos they were seized with muck, you can take them out of the door and degrease them, soak them in hot water, then lube and they may start working again. the locks can be removed using an allen key and i think a 10mm nut on the door handle which needs to come off. its a fiddly job but not a difficult one.

cant help you with the sunroof
    There might actually be 3 nuts for the door handle one upper and 2 lower as for getting the door off it seem possiblr to access the hinge not sure about the lock itself

^im talking about the interior door handles....

i dont see any nuts, and the door panel wont come all the way off with the handle still there..

and i cant ruin this door panel, its in better shape than the parts car panel so i need to use it

If you are talking about the the door thingy (handle/pull) that you hold on to when you are closing the door from inside.and your interior is like mine then there are 3 screws holding it in.

lol. naw. the handle you pull to open the door, the silver one that unlatches the door.

its weird

Thread Information