Induction kit for the 206 Gti180
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Induction kit for the 206 Gti180

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is an induction kit available for the 206 Gti180 (preferrably cold air). I've done some searching on the net and made a few calls but not much luck. Thanks.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 666
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is an induction kit available for the 206 Gti180 (preferrably cold air). I've done some searching on the net and made a few calls but not much luck. Thanks.
    If you do a search on the forum you will find numerous topics brought up about the K&N typhoon & BMC induction kit. From the dyno's that have been posted you may gain a few extra ponies at top end but loose bottom end torque.

Unfortuantly the 180 is a bitch to work on, as peugeot from factory has upgraded induction, cams, extractors and backbox. So if your looking for more power its gonna need some serious $$$$ via quad throttle bodies or perhaps different cams. You could add turbo or S charger but that would probably end up as an expensive bang.

A few people on the forum have added LSD to there 180 which according to them helps keep the power down, personally i havent had an issue with traction on take off.
    04' GTi 180

i ve got a pipercross viper induction kits on mine dont know whether there availabe down there in aus it gives a sight power increase and a nice sound to the engine..

K+N have done a replacement panel filter which is ok and rumour has it the are producing a 57i induction kit
    I dont know if bcm make a kit for the 180 but the 1 for the normal gti and its really impresive..

here we go again

AF member no1-get k&N its the best thing ever like you get seriouz power dawg

AF member No.2-NO thats not true, peugeots cant be modified

AF member No.3-the induction system is greatest thing ever in stock format, peugeot engineers are now recruited by NASA because they are the gods when it comes to induction.

AF Member No.4-hi guyz im like new to the forumz n stuff, anyone heard of the chips you can chuck on your 180, like it gives you 300 extra bhp, im gonna get one, anyone want to do a group buy.

rustymunga-YAY i want 10, maybe if i put 10 chips on my 180 (when i get it) i'll have 180+(10x300)=3180bhp

Do a search on the forums buddy, you will find more comments like above.

Welcome to the forum to

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot

rustymunga-YAY i want 10, maybe if i put 10 chips on my 180 (when i get it) i'll have 180+(10x300)=3180bhp
    That is ridiculous!!! The 180 only has 7 slots for chips. The only way to get over 2000bhp is with three type R stickers and a Decepticon badge.

GOD PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WHO POST INCORRECT INFO SHIT ME!!!!

PS
    Welcome to the 180 club...
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

here we go again

AF member No.3-the induction system is greatest thing ever in stock format, peugeot engineers are now recruited by NASA because they are the gods when it comes to induction.

AF Member No.4-hi guyz im like new to the forumz n stuff, anyone heard of the chips you can chuck on your 180, like it gives you 300 extra bhp, im gonna get one, anyone want to do a group buy.

Welcome to the forum to
    HAHAHAHHAHAHHAA

God that's so spot on.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I did do a search on the forum but they didn't give me the answer I was looking for. I'm after information relating to specific brand / model and where to source them from.

5tew180: Can you give me more deatails about your induction kit?

First stop would be www.autoparis.com.au
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by blackster
    A few people on the forum have added LSD to there 180 which according to them helps keep the power down, personally i havent had an issue with traction on take off.
    The LSD is more for traction out of tight corners. The gti180 (as well as my gti6, and the clio sports) that I've driven would spin the inside wheel in tight radius corners under full throttle. With the LSD, the wheels just hook up and pull the car around the corner.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    The LSD is more for traction out of tight corners. The gti180 (as well as my gti6, and the clio sports) that I've driven would spin the inside wheel in tight radius corners under full throttle. With the LSD, the wheels just hook up and pull the car around the corner.
    Agreed, an LSD is my first mod... Can't wait... Who DOESN'T want to travel around corners faster!!!
    Clint

Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod
    Agreed, an LSD is my first mod... Can't wait... Who DOESN'T want to travel around corners faster!!!
    Do you lost any power in the LSD ?? sometimes I'm a bit skeptical on these mods:
    1. adds more weight
    2. more moving parts, more power loss in drivetrain
    3. more moving parts can also means more things that can go wrong
    4. how much does it improve vs fitting super sticky tyres ?
    Jason

206 GTI MY01.5 Oversteer Edition

Myth Buster Logic : red cars go faster !!
    Red Car Bling factor :

Quote Originally Posted by J206GTI
    Do you lost any power in the LSD ?? sometimes I'm a bit skeptical on these mods:
    1. adds more weight
    From what I have heard it is a little heavier. However the person whom I have spoken to has indicated no loss of power. Plus the LSD is of much higher quality.
    Clint

If you are after parts for the180 youll have to look to europe as there is sweet f all available over here.

Ive got a BMC CDA on my Gti6 motor and im very happy with it. Its still got low down torque yet still lets it breath easier top end.

There is power to be had but not many people (here in aus at least) have really experimented.

Unfortuantly the 180 is a bitch to work on, as peugeot from factory has upgraded induction, cams, extractors and backbox. So if your looking for more power its gonna need some serious $$$$ via quad throttle bodies or perhaps different cams. You could add turbo or S charger but that would probably end up as an expensive bang.

I hate to say it....but if everyone here reckons the Gti180 motor is in such a high state of tune and its going to be so hard to get any more power...then maybe its time to face the fact that its not all that great in the first place???

Ok lets see its around 10 years older than the GTi6 motor which is only down 6 or so kw on the GTi180 motor.

Its got variable valve timing, some *perfectly engineered* airbox some *perfect* exhaust system yet it only produces 6 kw more? Its controlled by a new ECU which would far surpass the ECU in the Gti6/Mi16 motor.

Now i have a real hard time believing that its going to be that hard to get more power from this Gti180 motor...i mean if some ppl here are getting quite good power increases from their 15 year old Mi16 S1 motors power almost rivaling the Gti180 figures with basic mods.

From what ive been reading the dudes on 306gti6.net have been getting quite good power figures with a set of cams, a tune, de cat and induction on their Gti6's.

I cant see that a Gti180 motor is much different.
    For comparison the lil 1.6 B16 VTEC motor in the Type R civic produces 130kw....yes it revs higher...yes it produces less torque but there is still more power to be gotten out of that motor with aftermarket parts and im sure thats in a muh higher state of tune than the Gti180.

Same goes for the B18 VTEC motor in the Type R....ppl i know have done Cams, ECU, Exhaust and induction and produced grear increases in HP and mid 13'sec 1/4 mile. All this from a hand built motor in a very high state of tune.

I use these comparisons to demostrate that no matter how great u think the Gti180 motor is no matter how highly tuned you think it is....theres always going to be more power if you do the right things. The car is compromised straight from the factory...they do have to conform to emmision laws, noise levels, fuel efficiency issues and factor in things such as climate fuel ect.

My first bet on gaining power from that motor would be get an aftermarket computer or a UNICHIP and get decent N/A tuner to adjust the fuel and ignition maps for outright HP instead of the compromised maps it must run.

If you want to mod your car do it....if it doesnt work well at least youll know you have tried. Just wait a few years and im sure the aftermarket industry for the 180 will be much larger than anything found for the 306 range.
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by J206GTI
    1. adds more weight
    No you don't lose any power from the LSD. An LSD is not just a 'mod'. It's a legitimate race proven piece of equipment to aid traction in high hp cars.

1) No. It doesn't add more weight. The stock open differential comes out. Then you remove the final drive gear from the stock diff and bolt it onto the limited slip diff. Then you put the limited slip diff in place of the stock diff. No added weight since the weight difference is minimal.

2) Well maybe there are one or two extra moving parts? But the 0.1kW or so that's lost is more than made up from the extra grip.

3) I last heard that argument from a guy who drove a 1980 8v pulsar....

4) Super sticky tyres are great. But super sticky tyres and an lsd are even better.

But the big question..is it worth the money? Well it depends how much money you have, but the short answer IMO is that no it's not really worth it on our not-too-high-powered cars unless you plan to do track days regularly and/or your favourite mountain roads have heaps of tight uphill hairpins.

- 306 gti6

2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Have to agree with WRCPUG. All cars that come out of the factory these days are being forced to comply with tougher emissions regs, fuel consumption, etc..... This is great for people who want to use their car purely as a form of getting from a to b quickly, quitely, with the car never breaking down and for it last for million miles, which is exactly what 90% of the population want. Problems start occuring when you get people who want to know what is going on under the bonnet of their new $40,000 car and wondering just what the manufacturer has done under there to ensure that people don't muck up the settings they worked so hard for. It is everyones right to be able to modify a car they paid a lot of money for, but that doesn't mean they necessarily want you doing it.

But as for the GTi180 driving around with a halo over its bonnet, pfftt, 90bhp per litre, its still got along way to go before it has the right to wear a halo. The performance is there, you just have to work through the manufacturers maze to get to it these days on a nat asp car.

So, as for getting a performance upgrade on a GTi180, the maze just looks a lot longer, but hell, there is always an end to a maze and the one for the GTi180 will have a bloodspitting bulldog at the end, complete with a lumpy idle, horrible torque steer, piss poor emissions, bad fuel consumption and a halo!

Tadpole

Default My GTi180

Hi guys,

I've been reading some of the posts in here and have to absolutely agree with WRCPUG...very well put!

Almost a year ago when I bought my GTi180, I jumped onto this forum to find out where I could take my car to get a little more punch out of it as I was starting to get a bit bored...The same message that has been placed on this thread is exactly what I got.

At the end of the day...lets get straight to the point. The isn't the very best off the line and pretty boring when it comes to overall power but you also have to learn how to drive the car too as thats all part of getting used to what it can and cant do...

Currently I have an induction kit and aftermarket rear muffler on the car which has helped both bottom end responsiveness and top end power.

The car in factory trim ran 100.0KW at the wheels on a dyno run and since the mods is up a further 6KW. The most noticable part of this exercise was the responsiveness of the car off the line and torque, which I can't recall the figures off the top of my head at this moment...

My air/fuel mixtures are still in good order and I will be planning to fit a UNICHIP piggy back ECU to get everything spot on.

This may not give me higher KW figures but I can guarantee you that my torque figures will further jump, which is really what you feel at the end of the day.

Two experiences...

I've kept up to a standerd BA XR6T up until 3rd gear, which I fell a car and half length behind and I've also ran past a standard R34 GTT off the line and kept my distance right up until the end of 4th gear (dont ask how fast I was going)

This is basically launching off the line, wheel-spinning and full red-line changes.

I have also ordered a set of BREMBO brake kit from overseas which I believe is off the 406 Coupe, fabricated to bolt-on to the 206.

"If you want to mod your car do it....if it doesnt work well at least youll know you have tried."

I CAN'T PUT IT BETTER ANY WAY!!!!

Be smart and realistic in what you want to achieve and you can't go wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Induction kit for the 206 Gti180-brakes.jpg  
    Last edited by Farzam; 19th August 2005 at 12:15 PM.

Default Show me the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Farzam
    The car in factory trim ran 100.0KW at the wheels on a dyno run and since the mods is up a further 6KW.
    Put the 'before and after' dyno sheets up here "Share The Knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by Farzam
    This may not give me higher KW figures but I can guarantee you that my torque figures will further jump, which is really what you feel at the end of the day.
    Power = Torque x RPM. If you increase torque, you will always increase power at the corresponding rpm.

- 306 gti6

People's knowledge will only be as good as the facts they have gathered. Yes it's true lots of newbies have posted here asking about mods, and lots of 180 owners have said not much useful stuff about it (whereas it would seem for the most part, that everyone that doesn't own one is an expert on what should be done to them).

Farzam, I remember when you first appeared and asked lots of questions. Personally I try and be helpful in sharing what I know, but I don't recall you ever coming back on and sharing all this info you now have. Thanks for finally doing that

It would be great for the forum if more people like you, with real world experiences, shared your knowledge to help the people that have no idea.

Personally I can't think of anything more silly than turning a reliable, fun to drive car into a noisy, tyre-slipping fuel-guzzling pig that breaks down all the time (as someone here just suggested), but each to their own.

I couldn't give a toss about any halos - the rose-coloured glasses negate the effect anyway.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod
    That is ridiculous!!! The 180 only has 7 slots for chips. The only way to get over 2000bhp is with three type R stickers and a Decepticon badge.

GOD PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM WHO POST INCORRECT INFO SHIT ME!!!!

PS
    Welcome to the 180 club...
    Dont the AF stickers give 50hp ATW?

Cyas Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Tadpole

Default Induction kit for the 206 Gti180

I guess when I first jumped onto the forum I felt that there were a lot of people who just posted crap for fun and tried to make a mockery others who actually wanted to get some valuable information out of this site.

I didn't come back to the site until recently and it seems that it has approved a lot.

Yes knowledge is great when its shared and I will happily share whatever I come across...

"Lots of 180 owners have said not much useful stuff about it (whereas it would seem for the most part, that everyone that doesn't own one is an expert on what should be done to them)."

I totally agree with you on this but unfortunately thats the way it goes these days...

I will post some pics soon of my car as it has also been lowered, for those who want to see the difference. Looks trick and handles even harder...LOVE IT! If anyone is looking into lowering their GTi180, speak to a workshop called TruTrack in North Melbourne. Ask for Ralf and tell him that Farzam sent ya!

This guy is a suspension genius! TruTrack setup a lot of cars for street/track applications and know what they're talking about.

At the end of the day, I'm looking at getting my car at a stage where I can take it out on track days and really enjoy it. Thats why you buy a car like this, in my opinion...

I've driven my noisy, tyre-slipping and fuel-guzzling pig for the last 20,000 Kms, every day, hard and fast and it loves it!

Jusy ask the boys @ ULR Peugeot Service in Malvern!

They can hear me coming from a block away!!!
    Last edited by Farzam; 20th August 2005 at 02:11 PM.

I'd look for K&N and Pipercross...

depending on how much you want to spend... a standard panel replacement isn't all that much think about 70 - 100 NZD, but i know i've been quoted $700 NZD for a carbon fibre pipercross viper induction kit...

It really depends on what you want to build the car up for as to what mod's you want/should be doing to the car...

daily driver/weekend warrior car: i'd recommend new mild cam's, induction kit, suspension up grade, brake upgrade, mild weight reduction (remove a few things, sound deading from boot, maybe get a race seat for the driver) and better tyres, lighter rims....

a car that will see a fair bit of track use: mild rally cam, some head work (planing (to raise the compression - usually required for up spec cams), polishing the ports (i'm not talking about major porting, just polishing)), upgraded suspension, upgraded brakes, light weight rims, uprated tyres or semi-slicks for track use, driver race seat, remove all interior on track days,

for a targa/club level race car: rally cam, full weight reduction, deluming the car, race seats, plexiglass windows, full head job, over sized valves, lighter pistons, etc....

here we go again

Welcome to the forum to
    HAHAH SEE I WAS PREETY MUCH ON THE MONEY,SOME OF YOU AF PPL CRACK ME UP

5tew180: Can you give me more deatails about your induction kit?[/QUOTE]

Its a pipercross viper inductin kit cast me 250 ( dont know what that wood be in $$ ) I m in work at the mo but when i get chance i post a pic.

It a forced air system. i ve just replaced the standard air box and panel flitter with it using the standard air in take point..

The filter itself is foam and coned shaped the cone is covered with carbon looks really good under the bonnet

Not the best discript the pic will help
    Easy to fit as well did ity myself

Quote Originally Posted by 5tew180
    It a forced air system. i ve just replaced the standard air box and panel flitter with it using the standard air in take point..
    If it's got the same air-intake point, how is it a 'forced air' system any different to the factory system?

- 306 gti6

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information