306 airbag warning light
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 airbag warning light

hi,

I have a flashing airbag warning light and someone told me that it might just be the wires under the drivers seat and it can be fixed really easily.

Advertisement

Does any one know how to sort this problem?

Cheers,

Gorm

Most prolly the pre-tensioner connection under one of the seats.

WARNING! THEY CAN GO OFF IF YOU PLAY WITH THEM!

Basically, its a bad connection under there most of the time.

Kev
    306 Xsi 16V

1997 306 XSi 16V, Full Stainless Exhaust, Pipercross Induction Kit, JVC / Pioneer ICE

Fellow Frogger!

I was under the ompression the wires under the seat where for the seat belt pre tensioners, in either case il be taking it to peugeot or some one who knows what they are doing.

Air bags go off with a huge bang and can cause death if deployed when not necessary.

Cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Hi

Flashing airbag light is normally the rotary switch behind the steering wheel.

If the lights on all the time I would say dodgy connection under one of the front seats ( easy fix ) or a faulty pretensioner.

Either way, Take the car to a garage with the correct kit or a Peugeot / Citroen dealer & ask them nicely to extract the fault codes from the SRS memory & go from there.

Unless you KNOW what you are doing or have had training, DONT play with the SRS system!!!!

If the SRS systems fires you could at BEST be in for a big bill or at worse be going in a coffin! Dont mess about with airbags & seatbelt pretensioners!
    2003 Pug 206 GLX TU3JP

Tadpole

Default know all about it

yeah had a 306 XSI that did this occasionally .....for the passenger side airbag not the steering wheel one....

we were told the wiring is a bit crap and a surge thru the car electrics can set the light off every now and then : nothing to worry about we were told. to stop the light, turn the engine off, wait a bit and start her up again. worked everytime for me.

-kaneda86

Thread Information