Cheap S16 Pug??
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Cheap S16 Pug??

Default Cheap S16 Pug??

This looks cheap and comes off at about 10PM EST, but take a look at the money that's been ripped out of this bird by the repairers!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/peugeot-306-s...QQcmdZViewItem

How do some of these thieving hounds sleep at night?
    Anybody here want to defend that lot?

Advertisement

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

That is a mildly cheap one... but ive spotted it on ebay for the past 2 or so months... at higher prices, first auction was 9500 opening...

Thought it worthy of posting due to the number of people we keep getting looking for this kind of things and complaining they can't find any.
    According to her eBay rating, she's a first timer, so maybe not the same car??? Even if it is, would still be worth a look for anyone in the market IMHO.

Alan S

Yeah defo.
    I was looking into upgrading to one with less k's than mine's got on the odo...

But i dont want a red one

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    But i dont want a red one
    But, but,.....................they go faster!!

Alan S

What's wrong with red ones

Mines Red.... but i spose not a colour that bad... and done less k's too
    1995 306 S16

We all know frogs go: la de da dee daa
    They dont go: vroom vroom vroom

Went for $6600 to a bidder with (0) feedback which might have been preferrable (if you were the seller) to one who looked like winning it up until the last few seconds and had a feedback of (-1)

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Went for $6600 to a bidder with (0) feedback which might have been preferrable (if you were the seller) to one who looked like winning it up until the last few seconds and had a feedback of (-1)

Alan S
    The guy with (-1) feedback was registered in the UK and actually won an auction for this car a week or so ago!

This smells pretty dodge to me!

Ended kind of strangely. Either that or I was a bit nervous. My friend wanted to bid on it so I was doing it for her but missed out. Hopefully it'll pop up again. Can't believe I only saw this thread with 2 mins to go on the bloody thing!
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus
    Ended kind of strangely. Either that or I was a bit nervous. My friend wanted to bid on it so I was doing it for her but missed out. Hopefully it'll pop up again. Can't believe I only saw this thread with 2 mins to go on the bloody thing!
    If its everything that it should be it wont pop up again

Ky

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser
    If its everything that it should be it wont pop up again

Ky
    Well now they're claiming that the car was written off this morning. Sounds to me as if they didnt get the price they wanted so they've made up a cock and bull story.

O well

Ky

Might have opted for a " Baghdad stocktake" when it hadn't drawn a bid by lunchtime.

Alan S

So does anyone actually know anything about this car?
    Series 1 205 Gti

So does anyone actually know anything about this car?
    Apart from what they had as the description on ebay - nothing, but we thought for the price it would be ok. Like I said looks like they didnt get what they wanted for it so now theyre saying it was written off. I told them that we might still be interested in it still depending on the damage, if they could send me a pic... no reply as yet.

Ky

My friend still wants it so... anyone in Sydney want to do me a favour and check it out? I'd pay for their time of course.
    Series 1 205 Gti

My friend still wants it so... anyone in Sydney want to do me a favour and check it out? I'd pay for their time of course.
    Well I dont think they'll be putting it back on ebay again. Apparently the car is now at the wreckers and the insurance co will be paying them out. I'd like to know their insurance company, the car accident yesterday, assessed, written off, and to the wreckers the next day. Fast service

Lets just say I'll be leaving -ve feedback, not that it will do much

Ky

Try your luck - send them an email saying you would like photographic evidence of the accident, or a copy of the insurer's report. Tell them you will be seeking to enforce the contract through legal means if they are bullshitting you, and give them a few days to respond.

That should be enough to get them to either prove they aren't scamming you, or feel a little flustered.

Posting -ve feedback is all good - but they can then post -ve feedback against you...

Quote Originally Posted by PugS16
    Try your luck - send them an email saying you would like photographic evidence of the accident, or a copy of the insurer's report. Tell them you will be seeking to enforce the contract through legal means if they are bullshitting you, and give them a few days to respond.

That should be enough to get them to either prove they aren't scamming you, or feel a little flustered.

Posting -ve feedback is all good - but they can then post -ve feedback against you...
    I sent them an email saying I knew which way was up and how much do they really want... the reply $9000.

Quick repair job....

but whats Ebay going to do.. they cant force them to sell me the car can they.

Ky

I was always of the opinion that when you sign up to sell on e-Bay it's considered a binding contract.
    If they didn't want to cop less than 9 grand, they should have had a reserve on it.
    I suppose you could enforce the contract if it's binding, but in that case, it might also suddenly get key marks all over it and sugar in the petrol.

Tread carefully, but still worth contacting eBay as it appears on the surface as this might not be the first time this mob have been involved in something a bit dodgy. Might be time to drop a flea in eBays ear and let them sort it before someone gets burnt.

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    I was always of the opinion that when you sign up to sell on e-Bay it's considered a binding contract.
    If they didn't want to cop less than 9 grand, they should have had a reserve on it.
    I suppose you could enforce the contract if it's binding, but in that case, it might also suddenly get key marks all over it and sugar in the petrol.

Tread carefully, but still worth contacting eBay as it appears on the surface as this might not be the first time this mob have been involved in something a bit dodgy. Might be time to drop a flea in eBays ear and let them sort it before someone gets burnt.

Alan S
    Agreed, theres no telling what the might do if you enfore the sale. I've contacted ebay, I'll keep everyone posted.

I guess that if anyone sees this car on the market they should be aware of the type of people that they are dealing with.

Heres a description of the car:

THIS IS A 1995 RALLY EDITION WITH ALL POWER OPTIONS AND LEATHER INTERIOR.

IT FEATURES CLIMATE CONTROL AND COMES WITH ALLOY WHEELS.....

ITS HAD A NEW

*CLUTCH COST$1800

*BRAKE KIT COST$750

*STRAIGHT THROUGH EXHAUST SYSTEM (IMPROVES PERFORMANCE AND ECONOMY) COST$400

*TIMING BELT $400

*WATER FILTER AND SERVICING ETC COST $1350

*THERMOSTAT $150

*INJECTOR COIL $250

the car has done 166,000 ks but runs as new. the interior is well looked after and like new. i can send email with photos attatched.

Its Diablo red and now has 168k on the clock. If anyone can make out the VIN that is pictured you might be able to get the current rego no.

Ky

I think the car might be an Import,... as there were NO "ralley edition S16's" sold in Aus by Peugeot.... can some one correct me but, i smelt a rat. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Anybody want me to see if I can find a "cheapy" for them too?

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    I think the car might be an Import,... as there were NO "ralley edition S16's" sold in Aus by Peugeot.... can some one correct me but, i smelt a rat. - Chris
    Judging by the comp plate its an Australian car... but I could be wrong

Ky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cheap S16 Pug??-98_12_sb.jpg  

It is a legally enforceable contract. It's about as clear cut as a contract can get. Telling E-Bay about them will get you pretty much zip - they will probably just be banned.

Simply threaten legal action - they don't have to know you are bluffing. Say you have spoken to your lawyer, and he has advised you that you can enforce the contract. If they don't reply, then you just cop it on the chin. If they get worried they may back down and sell the thing for 6K.

Quote Originally Posted by PugS16
    It is a legally enforceable contract. It's about as clear cut as a contract can get. Telling E-Bay about them will get you pretty much zip - they will probably just be banned.

Simply threaten legal action - they don't have to know you are bluffing. Say you have spoken to your lawyer, and he has advised you that you can enforce the contract. If they don't reply, then you just cop it on the chin. If they get worried they may back down and sell the thing for 6K.
    Nah not worth the hassel... I'm just venting a little. It irks me when people dont deal honestly.

Ky

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information