UK > France trip that ended with the XSi on a tow truck ... :(
  • Register
  • Help

Default UK > France trip that ended with the XSi on a tow truck ... :(

Hey guys, thought i would post this for yas all to read. I went on holiday to Puggyland last week, drove 1200 miles to get there, all was good with the XSi. On the way back, it kept hesitating and making a bad bad screaming noise... And after i stopped on the "autoroute" for my toll ticket,,, it screamed, got stuck in 1st, etc. Great. Gearbox gone. Or so i thought. Luckily I had euro-brakedown, so i got towed to a garage, the french dude tells me there is no Lube in the box! He fillied it up, started... woot! All good! I then drove up and down the box for 400kms to the ferry port, all OK. After the 4 hour ferry ride... i head to the car. Arrgh! A big pool of transmission fluid under it. So i phone Brakedown again... get a 300mile ride on a flat loader to my local garage. Luckily, im pretty sure i have saved the gearbox by not trying to force it, and turning it off instantly. My mechanic says i have a shot Driveshaft seal... and he is going to replace it. If you guys ever head to france, (to Limoges), you can drive to a village that was bombed by the Nazi's and all the people were killed... but the village has been left exactly as it was. Cars still parked, bikes, window shutters gas pumps all still there, along with Cafe chairs, etc. I have taken some photos of the old rusted french cars, i will post them up so people can try and identify them. I know my car has some problem with one of the engine mount-mounts, maybe this has caused the driveshaft issue, who knows. Good holiday, pity the "poo-shou" (as the french say) didnt make it. Anyhows, they all seemed to like my Gold XSi!

Advertisement

Typical .... just my luck

Kev
    306 Xsi 16V

1997 306 XSi 16V, Full Stainless Exhaust, Pipercross Induction Kit, JVC / Pioneer ICE

Your Pipercross Induction kit - does it sound great ? would you recommend them ?

Looking forward to your photos
    Quick, to the Poojet

Quote Originally Posted by buzzlite
    Your Pipercross Induction kit - does it sound great ? would you recommend them ?

Looking forward to your photos
    Yup... adds a nice "tone" when accelerating!
    306 Xsi 16V

1997 306 XSi 16V, Full Stainless Exhaust, Pipercross Induction Kit, JVC / Pioneer ICE

Thread Information