306 Printed circuit board for climate control
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 Printed circuit board for climate control

Does anyone know any source of information regarding the climte control/heater control circuit board (behind the dash) that tends to cause loss of heating or cooling control?

Is there a website or person who knows the fix or perhaps where to buy a replacement circuit board?

Is there a workshop manual with electrical diagram that can be purchased for the 306?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bootman
    Does anyone know any source of information regarding the climte control/heater control circuit board (behind the dash) that tends to cause loss of heating or cooling control?

Is there a website or person who knows the fix or perhaps where to buy a replacement circuit board?

Is there a workshop manual with electrical diagram that can be purchased for the 306?
    I'm sure that's covered in the Haynes manual. Which you can purchase from any good auto book shop. - Chris
    ... ptui!

What sort of problems are you having? Is it a short-circuit that keeps blowing the fuse?

The electrical section of the PeugeotLogic website has quite a bit on 306 A/C and blower problems, including a wiring diagram of the control circuit, etc.

Have a look.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Thanks blokes, I'll check it out. I have been told that it is a fairly common problem by the Peugeot techs with the 306 where the problems of hot and then suddenly cold, regardless of where the control switch are turned to.

Hopefully the controls are the same in the Cabriolets as in the Hatches.

The problem I am having is that the heater was full on for the last 4 weeks and then last Friday night it was full cold. I didn't find this out until driving to Canberra the other night. The drafts from the spots where the roof doesn't quite sit flush made for a very uncomfortable trip. it felt more like driving a 50's Beetle in terms of cabin conditions than a 95 model vehicle.

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Check and see if the fan speeds work and the different vents work as well. It does sound like the PCB which I have heard costs around $1100. However, mine had a problem of not working at all and eventually worked out that it was the relay under the dash. $20 and fixed.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    Check and see if the fan speeds work and the different vents work as well. It does sound like the PCB which I have heard costs around $1100. However, mine had a problem of not working at all and eventually worked out that it was the relay under the dash. $20 and fixed.
    Did you have a mysterious clicking noise from the right hand side of the dash before you replaced this relay?

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Did you have a mysterious clicking noise from the right hand side of the dash before you replaced this relay?

It was an intermittent fault which became a permanent one. When it worked yes, you could hear the relay click from the fuse box.

I'm not sure which relay it was now. I did a run down of it on www.306gti6.com under the "interior" forum. Some people have found that this relay can even melt into your fuse box!
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    It was an intermittent fault which became a permanent one. When it worked yes, you could hear the relay click from the fuse box.

I'm not sure which relay it was now. I did a run down of it on www.306gti6.com under the "interior" forum. Some people have found that this relay can even melt into your fuse box!
    Thanks mate, I will check this out today.

Tadpole

Thanks mate, I will check this out today.
    Solved the problem, it was a fuse that had fallen out of the fuse box. Thank God it was this simple as I wasnt looking forward to removing the dash after having recently had a nightmare replacing a heater in an Alfa 75.
    Thanks for all your help, it is great to be able to find a site where others can give you advice on vehicular problems.
    thanks
    Bootman

Tadpole

Further on the heater saga!

The fuse worked, the heat was on again for a little while and then off again. Further investigation at the Peugeot dealers revealed that it was one of the servo fans on the radiator which had broken. The fun begins on the weekend getting the front bar off and then removing the fan.

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated!

Thread Information