605 ABS/Electric Brake Issue
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default 605 ABS/Electric Brake Issue

OK, bad news:

P504 cleaned my sensors, cleaned and checked my connectors, and fault diagnosed everything they could with the help of the 605 ABS workshop manual. However, the SVE comes with "electric brakes", which goes beyond the normal complexities of the usual 605 ABS system. My light is still on, and therefore my ABS is off.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to obtain a fault diagnosis manual to the "electric" part of the braking system, that would be really great. Also wondering what would be involved if I simply have all electric/electronic parts and wiring replaced in one go. Is that an avenue worth investigating?

One more note to add, I "think" my digital fuel gauge is playing games on me. Will need to go through a few more tanks to be sure. Could the combination of these problems point to the wiring harness (in isolation)?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I wish to keep the car in perfect order at least until I can afford a 607 (long way off yet).

Regards,
    Patrick

Advertisement

605SVE

Tadpole

Default this is the orange light that's coming on? had this problem with mine too.

apparently (my mechanic told me) this happens when one wheel turns dramatically (say the d.side rear) without the front (d.side)
    moving substantially - the computer detects a fault or slip, and the car goes into a sort of 'limp mode'.
    any probs, call Euroserve (Ross Street, Newstead - Brisbane)... as i found the dealer up here typically f*king useless. i think their number is 3852 1399 but don't quote me on that.
    haven't had any probs with the electronic fuel gauge. i have noticed coming down a mountain range it will flash if you're not using the accelerator (spelling?), but resets when turned off.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by PJ810
    OK, bad news:

P504 cleaned my sensors, cleaned and checked my connectors, and fault diagnosed everything they could with the help of the 605 ABS workshop manual. However, the SVE comes with "electric brakes", which goes beyond the normal complexities of the usual 605 ABS system. My light is still on, and therefore my ABS is off.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to obtain a fault diagnosis manual to the "electric" part of the braking system, that would be really great. Also wondering what would be involved if I simply have all electric/electronic parts and wiring replaced in one go. Is that an avenue worth investigating?

One more note to add, I "think" my digital fuel gauge is playing games on me. Will need to go through a few more tanks to be sure. Could the combination of these problems point to the wiring harness (in isolation)?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I wish to keep the car in perfect order at least until I can afford a 607 (long way off yet).

Regards,
    Patrick

605SVE

Thread Information