general 405 Mi16 questions
  • Register
  • Help

Default general 405 Mi16 questions

first off i wanna know if anyone else here an american with a 405, and know a good importer?

and maybe even a good source on some 405 parts?

and now onto a few questions:

one: ive bought EBC front Rotors and pads all around as the first mod, and im hoping to do suspension work on it coming soon, but i'd like to know.. who do you all reccomend for a good suspension setup? im looking for this to be daily comfortable and still handle well.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Brett LeGrand
    first off i wanna know if anyone else here an american with a 405, and know a good importer?

and maybe even a good source on some 405 parts?

and now onto a few questions:

one: ive bought EBC front Rotors and pads all around as the first mod, and im hoping to do suspension work on it coming soon, but i'd like to know.. who do you all reccomend for a good suspension setup? im looking for this to be daily comfortable and still handle well.
    Hey Brett, i dont think there's many Americans on here.. but if you have a look at the peugeot mi16 yahoo group im pretty sure you'll find a couple there..
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

ive bought EBC front Rotors and pads all around as the first mod, and im hoping to do suspension work on it coming soon, but i'd like to know.. who do you all reccomend for a good suspension setup? im looking for this to be daily comfortable and still handle well.
    How do you find your brakes now? I replaced the brakes on my Mi16 with EBC Greenstuff pads and DBA slotted, crossdrilled and ventilated rotors. Braking performance was no different to standard, however I did stop warping discs on the track. That made it worth it.

For a great handling but still comfortable setup, you can't go past the stock setup!! Make sure that all the bushes are in good nick (ie replace them all, they don't cost much), and you've got pretty much exactly what you asked for! Mi16s are a very tight car to drive, if it feels at all sloppy or soft, you should replace all the bushes in the front and the rear.
    Scotty

Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

thanks scott and enthused

i got the rotors and pads at a place called The Tire Rack, all they sell is tires, rims, suspension and brakes.

they didnt list anything for suspension, the brake pads are VW/Audi pads (so it said on the box, and yes, stock suspension is nice, but my plans for this car are to have it a little more aggressive than factory.

which all that means is; that nasty space we all have come to notice above the wheels.... you know... the fendergap... its gotta go.

i dont want the car tooo incredibly low, i will sacrifice looks for better handling anyday, but i feel the car just looks silly way up there. thats my ONLY gripe, thats why i asked for similar to stock characteristics...

anyway, this is my second 405, the first one was tragically wrecked about two years back and this is its replacement, its kind of rough around the edges, but a few dollars into her and i think that she'll be top of the list.

bolt pattern is 4x98 right?

al

bolt pattern is 4x98 right?
    4 * 108 i thought.
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Thread Information