OH No my car is leaking diesel!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default OH No my car is leaking diesel! 307 HDI owners look pls

Filled up with Diesel the other day, went and paid, come back and dismay to see lager pool of fuel under car getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
    Got it in for 60k service today and waiting for the fix of the problem.
    Only filled it to the click off at my usual servo normal pump and didn't over fill.

Advertisement

Anyone else had similiar problems, 2004 307 HDI Touring (dirty grey thing)
    Martin.
    Last edited by martinp; 25th August 2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Alert other 307 HDI touring owners.

Tadpole

Default Found the leak and temporarily fixed.

Service lady says that there is a plug on top of the tank which is there for a fuel additive to be added for better economy (must be a Eurpopean thing), but the plug has come off on my car and has lost fuel for a while I think now remembering a diesel smell every now and then.
    They have plugged it up with something (hope the mechanic can run fast with his finger in the hole) and Puegeot in France are being asked for a new one (can't find it in Aussie books).
    My fuel ecconomy may start to increase now.
    Martin

Icon14

Hi Martin

It seems I keep following your problems. The same thing happened to me after the dealer fixed my cruise control. I filled up the car the next day and fuel started leaking out of the top of the tank. The dealers comment to me was " it fine, just don't fill it up to the top". I had to wait for 6 weeks for the tank to come in and then the car to be booked in to be fixed.

Regards
    Jason

Tadpole

Default My car is leaking diesel!

I have had the same problem with my 2004 HDi Touring. Noticed it after an outback trip over dirt and gravel roads. Also the handbrake cable came adrift (near side). Do they have to order and fit a new tank?

Regards,

Jac

Tadpole

[QUOTE=Jac Balmain]I have had the same problem with my 2004 HDi Touring. Noticed it after an outback trip over dirt and gravel roads. Also the handbrake cable came adrift (near side). Do they have to order and fit a new tank?

Hi Jac.
    Yes they ordered a new tank when I phoned in the problem of that ...... OH yes I have not posted since that happened. Well when they plugged up the "leak" it also blocked off the breather to the tank and after getting fantastic fuel ecconomy (the fuel tank seemed like it was not going to empty) I filled up. It took a bit to prise open the fuel cap as there was a lot of suction in the tank, didn't think much of it at the time. Filled up and it clicked off at 23 liters (not bad for my driving after 1000km). I am allways in a hurry so paid and drove off, thought about it later and then checked the fuel tank it looked like a twistie pack which has been put in the oven. VERY SHRUNKEN. VERY DISTORTED. VERY UNHAPPY.
    Rang the dealer and over the phone they said they would order a new tank.
    They wanted me to get the car off the road ASAP and gave me a 206 for the weekend. New tank in and leak has gone.
    Problem solved and just have to say the service was fantastic (no yelling and screaming or kicking).
    Just be carefull if the service people block up the leak......
    I am now a happy banana. Martin.

Tadpole

Thanks for the info Martin. My car is at the dealers and I should pick it up tomorrow. I took a printout of the post for them to look at. Will post the results tomorrow.

Beers and cheers,
    Jac

Tadpole

Hi Martin,
    Picked the car up yesterday. New tank etc fitted. Apparently the one way roll over valve was working both ways instead of one way. No complaints about the excellent service from Alec Mildren. I am now a happy chappie .

Jac
    Last edited by Jac Balmain; 27th August 2005 at 12:42 PM.

Thread Information