205 mi16 on Carsales.com.au
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 205 mi16 on Carsales.com.au

Hey all.

Advertisement

I saw this car on the carsales website and am pretty interested in it. Only, I have no money to speak of at the moment. I am expecting about 4 grand from my tax return, and was thinking about borowing the other two.

I'm just curious as to why the price is so low. The other normal '87 '89 pugs are over 7 grand, and there's one there described as a 'mechanics delight' which he's wanting 13 grand for, but if you read the ad, he's offering 10 grand off the price if you ring up about it straight away. Odd...

Firstly, why the variation? it boggles my mind. Secondly, what could be wrong with that mi16? Is there something i should look out for? Very confused.

Cheers,
    James

PS. would love to have one of these with the conversion already done, then all i'd have to do is whack a turbo on. Ok, i know it's a lot more complicated then that, but still..

al

That is neil from heres car... And, from what i saw at the brissy fcd it is bloody unreal.

The only problem i could see was maybe a dodgy rocker cover gasket, but that is nothing.

Do a search for posts by neil and you will find a lot of info about that car. (full conversion story)
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Cheers,

I'll PM him.

Thread Information