306 1995 Heater Matrix/heater tap problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 306 1995 Heater Matrix/heater tap problem

Hi all Puggsters,

I have a problem with my 306. The Heater Tap has cracked, right where it enters the firewall. It is the hard plastic section where the hoses join on. This was a two or three way fitting that directed hot water into the heater matrix and also back around through the cooling system.

At the moment I have the heater bypassed so I am still on the road without too much expense. There is of course no heating in the car !!! (yes I love Sydneys beautiful warm winter mornings !!)

1.Does anyone know if I can just get this part replaced from the engine side, i.e. without having to get to the heater matrix from the inside ?

2. Also does anyone know a good overseas dealer that can supply this type of part ? (I have been quoted au$300 for the complete heter matrix box and all the pipes, I just want the pipes if I can !!)

Thanks in advance and happy motoring !!
    Steven

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

1. It has to be replaced from the insede and to access the heater matrix you have to pull the dash out.

2.From memory thats a pretty decent price for the matrix and all pipes if its new, i got quoted $50 for a second hand matrix.

If you not doing the job your self add about an extra $800 for labour, its about a full days job to pull the dash out replace the matrix and pipes, then refit the dash.

Cheers

Tadpole

Icon6 thanks immy

Thanks for the information immy. I was afraid that might be the case.

My Mechanic did think that he may be able to get to it without removing the heater matrix box but does not sound like it !!

Regards,

Steven

Thread Information