Peugeot 407 Coupé: new pictures
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 407 Coupé: new pictures

Official this time.

http://www.netcarshow.com/Peugeot/20...01/photos.html

Advertisement

Always look strange in pics but in "real-life" it's well better.

XTC

Sweet .. nice find.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Car designs these days are so diverse and interesting. Due to this it always takes me a few weeks to get used to the look of a new car and from then I can decide whether I like it or not…

I really not sure if I like this or not. Maybe I’ll get used to it?

What’s unusual is the long front-end. Car manufacturers are currently moving towards a short distance from front wheel to bumper. It improves safety and handling. Not sure why Peugeot went the other way?

The interior is sweet

The 407 Coupe won't be released in Oz until next year, is that correct?

Peugeot must be doing some testing - I saw two different 407 Coupes in Tassie last week, one in North Hobart outside a restaurant last Thursday night, and one travelling between Devonport and Launceston on Sunday afternoon.

Very sweet looking cars.

Hmm that front end overhang again... Like the 407 sedan, I will probably like the look of it better when I see it in the flesh. Looks good from the rear though.

Troy.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgy Tone
    The 407 Coupe won't be released in Oz until next year, is that correct?

Peugeot must be doing some testing - I saw two different 407 Coupes in Tassie last week, one in North Hobart outside a restaurant last Thursday night, and one travelling between Devonport and Launceston on Sunday afternoon.

Very sweet looking cars.
    Should be released in time for PAA execs to drive around the Ampol Rerun in April!
    Graham

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Should be released in time for PAA execs to drive around the Ampol Rerun in April! Graham
    I bet you're hoping for drive too ... Have your camera ready.

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Aesthetics aside, it ridiculous. Honestly what is going on at PSA. What happened to long wheelbases and a wheel near each corner, providing a better ride and handling compromise. Having that much bodywork ahead of the front wheels is just stupid. It adversely affects handling, comfort, space efficiency and round-town driveablility. Strikes me its time this form-before-function era had its day. The 407 estate is bad enough, but this...

It doesn't even look good, but that's just my opinion.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

i love those gills, make it look like a shark, still a bit iffy on the huge mouth tho, still, rather sexy
    '92 405 mi16

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by nick86
    i love those gills, make it look like a shark, still a bit iffy on the huge mouth tho, still, rather sexy
    There is a optional BUG catcher for the 407, a large mesh grill that snaps into place. It's black so not so "ricey" .. yet to spot a 407 with one actually in place on the street, so can't say if it makes the "mouth" more obvious or not.

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    Aesthetics aside, it ridiculous. Honestly what is going on at PSA. What happened to long wheelbases and a wheel near each corner, providing a better ride and handling compromise. Having that much bodywork ahead of the front wheels is just stupid. It adversely affects handling, comfort, space efficiency and round-town driveablility. Strikes me its time this form-before-function era had its day. The 407 estate is bad enough, but this...
    Everything that I've read about the long nose on the 407 says that it is to help make the front of the car more 'pedestrian friendly' in case of an accident. Not that I'd be wanting to find out if it's true or not.

As a 407 owner, I agree that the long nose does affect space efficiency and round town driveability but disagree about it having negative effects on handling and comfort.

Comparing it to our other car, a Mazda 6 wagon, which is in my opinion, is a great car with excellent steering and handling, the 407 is the car I much prefer driving. It shouldn't handle anywhere near as good as it does with the long snozer AND extra weight but it is great on the twisties and has more resistance to understeer than M6.With the typically big comfortable French seats and overall refinement, I always feel like I'm driving a car costing at least thirty thousand dollars more yet the overall diff in price was about $10K.

I love the overall design of the 407 sedan (in the flesh), however I do agree it would look better with a short overhang and so would the new coupe.

There is a little writeup on the 407 Coupe in the September Wheels magazine.

They liken the looks of the Pug to a Ferrari - Particularly with the "shark gills" under the headlights. That's a pretty good compliment from an Aussie car mag. I guess when they drive it they'll say it's crap or something...

I dont know if it's just me but I think the back end looks a little like a ford cougar

Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

peugeot designers should be taken out back and shot!

what the hell is going on..

Garbage.. i could Dribble up something more astheticaly pleasing!

It looks like a Mulltet! ie the fish with that stupid seemingly Evo3 inspired front, the rear does like extremly ford Cougarish.. and again.. its nose is freakin huge!!!

why oh why oh why..

Well just to protest, i shall't be buying one.. and or waving at whom ever be driving one.

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Quote Originally Posted by 407er
    As a 407 owner, I agree that the long nose does affect space efficiency and round town driveability but disagree about it having negative effects on handling and comfort.

Comparing it to our other car, a Mazda 6 wagon, which is in my opinion, is a great car with excellent steering and handling, the 407 is the car I much prefer driving. It shouldn't handle anywhere near as good as it does with the long snozer AND extra weight but it is great on the twisties and has more resistance to understeer than M6.With the typically big comfortable French seats and overall refinement, I always feel like I'm driving a car costing at least thirty thousand dollars more yet the overall diff in price was about $10K.

I love the overall design of the 407 sedan (in the flesh), however I do agree it would look better with a short overhang and so would the new coupe.
    I very seriously considered the 407 and had a couple of test drives of the 2.2 litre petrol. I agree the interior, seat comfort, finish, quality and road noise suppression is very good indeed although the refinement of the 4 cylinder was only acceptable. The auto box was probably the biggest negative. I'd also agree that the turn-in and steering is first-class but it did feel a little nose-heavy in comparison to our Xantia (or bro's 307). Reminded me of my father's Saab 9-3 and seemed to lack a little of the delicacy and balance of the Citroen. And it rode more firmly than it and the 406. I was really excited when it first came out, and was expecting big things after having enjoyed its predecessors, but was a bit underwhelmed. I suspect, bit like the Xantia and 406, its qualities become more appreciated with ownership and longer distances. Sadly the V6 estate was beyond the budget and the diesel just never arrived in time.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Looks great in my opinion, I certainly wouldn't say no.
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

I'd also agree that the turn-in and steering is first-class but it did feel a little nose-heavy in comparison to our Xantia (or bro's 307). .
    True...around town you do feel the extra weight and it isn't as nimble as the Mazda6 and much lighter cars you mentioned...it's on the open road where it really does surprise me. Peugeot seems to have targeted the luxury German makes as far as refinement and the solid feel of the car go. Horses for courses I guess...my wife always comments that the Mazda feels "tinny" after she's driven the 407

Mark

John (trixie)...you r absolututely spot on............

It seems to me, they should have let the guys who did the interior design do the exterior 2....but what do I know....
    Peugeot have lost the plot.....I feel like throwing up every time I see a 407 station wagon rear end.........ughhh...

cheers

dino

Icon14 AussieFrogs boosts French car sales

Hi, Guys. Thought I'd pop in to this strange "Pug" place to mention that my AussieFrogs activity and Fuego fever is having an influence on a friend who will be trading in his relatively new C-class Mercedes for a Pug 407 turbo-diesel.

I'll claim that kill. That is all...

Does anyone know what happened to the arrangement with Pinninfarina? They did the 406 coupe didn't they? Was that the last mass produced Pinninfarina Peugeot?

When did they stop collaboration (the 403 was the first, wasn't it?) We have had so many wonderful cars from the 50s to the 90s - what happened?

Does anyone know?

Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by mbyok
    Does anyone know what happened to the arrangement with Pinninfarina? They did the 406 coupe didn't they? Was that the last mass produced Pinninfarina Peugeot?

When did they stop collaboration (the 403 was the first, wasn't it?) We have had so many wonderful cars from the 50s to the 90s - what happened?

Does anyone know?

Maurice
    Peugeot asked Pininfarina to make a draft from 407 Coupé. Then they had like 10 or so different visions from different designers on the table and they decided to go to most striking design. Pinifarina's draft was apparently not very striking...

I heard that Pininfarina designed 1007. Peugeot has not forgotten Pininfarina.
    408 will be designed by Pininfarina, I am sure about that.

Thread Information