XR6 180 Fun
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: XR6 180 Fun

Default XR6 180 Fun

Driving along on my way home, I see a black ford falcon speeding up behind me from the review mirror. At first i didnt take much notice, but then it developed into tail gating as he was fanging it up my ass and his blow off valve was having a field day. I was close to home and the roads are nice n twistie so I decided to have some fun.

We approached the first left bend , I took it hard pretty hard as i usually do my exit speed was pretty good, he dropped off a bit. Came to a sharp right, where i ate into the corner and drifted slightly, looked into the review mirror and see the ford at a 90 degree angle proceeding to go into a full 360.

Advertisement

May not be the fastest, but I love the twiste bits .........
    Last edited by WRC180; 28th July 2005 at 09:30 PM.
    04' GTi 180

lets play some roundabouts

Quote Originally Posted by Chef
    lets play some roundabouts
    Funny you should say that, the next twistie was a U bend, lots of fun, couldnt imagine where the ford would of landed if he took it at speed..
    04' GTi 180

bend it like a lion

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Very well done. Some people just need to be put back in their box.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

What on this green earth convinces an XR6 driver to believe he can out corner a pug??? Sorry to offend but Ford drivers, oh and most Commodore drivers are ID!0T5!!!!
    Current: '06 Iron Grey 407 SV HDi '02 Silver Audi S4 '05 GTi 180
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previous: '05 Aegean Blue GTi 180
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previous: '04 Sahara Gold 206 GTi
    ---------------------------------------------
    Previous: '95 Silver 405 SRDT (Fantastic Tourer)

Quote Originally Posted by blackster
    Came to a sharp right, where i ate into the corner and drifted slightly, looked into the review mirror and see the ford at a 90 degree angle proceeding to go into a full 360.
    You mean he actually lost control and spun the car 360? LOL..well it's funny since I presume no one got hurt. What a moron though to just try and blindly match your corner entry speeds without actually driving to the car's and his limits.

I've had incidents where some ricers/commodores trying to keep up through the hills have had their cars looking very unsettled for the short time they could stay in my rear view mirror, but luckily they didn't come to any grief.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

[QUOTE=U Turn]You mean he actually lost control and spun the car 360? LOL..well it's funny since I presume no one got hurt. What a moron though to just try and blindly match your corner entry speeds without actually driving to the car's and his limits.[\QUOTE]

No one got hurt, and id feel really bad if they did.

Unfortuantly some drivers get a little straight line power and it goes all to there head.

PS I later saw the ford driver driving a little slower.
    04' GTi 180

LOL - It's a case of percieved ability exceeding reality once again.

Glad no-one got hurt though!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

hahahaha, what a nob...good laugh for the day

Fellow Frogger!

similar story today... a falcadore driver was tailgaing me badly down Nelson Rd so i did the usual "infuriation+" technique by driving (well within my rights) at 55km/h. However when i got to the 2 lane Nelson Rd + Montague Rd roundabout i kept going (puttering in 4th - perhaps 65km/h) in the RH of the two lanes... in a desperate attempt to overtake me he flew around via the LH lane... never got even close to gaining any position but as i straightened up on the other side i heard a lot of tyre squeal and saw his car inches from my quarter panel.

so please please dont encourage falcadores to participate in such demeaning activities as their sh!t vehicles will lose control and take you out too.

my most fun memory was 3 weeks ago when i returned home via gorge road and myself and a motorcycle had a ball... she couldnt get past me... and obviously she thought it was fun... because she didnt bother to fly past me when i slowed to 50km/h for all the small towns.

'04 Citroen Xsara VTS

Mallala - 1:29.96

Mmm Gorge Rd - that is on my list next time I am in SA. Last time I was over there I was advised it would not be much fun while towing a car trailer... doh

good to see we are having fun on the road, thats why i still drive 5min to work eventhough i can walk

When I had the old auto 8v 405, I was driving home along one of the roads (Boneo Rd?) on the Mornington Penninsula on a rainy night heading towards a roundabout (right hand turn) to get onto the freeway.
    A late model Falcon ute had been tailgaiting me for the past 5mins or so.

Upon approach to the roundabout i dabbed the brakes knocked it back to 3rd and held about 80km/h and I could feel the back end just starting fidget. Man I love those Dunlop Formula FM901's!

Bearing in mind his leaf sprung rear axle and that fact that it was raining so heavily my wipers were on full speed, I have no idea what he was thinking when he tried to follow me.
    All I saw in my rearview mirror were his headlights swinging from left to right and back left again has he overcorrected several times before finally straightening out.
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

Driving along on my way home, I see a black ford falcon speeding up behind me from the review mirror. At first i didnt take much notice, but then it developed into tail gating as he was fanging it up my ass and his blow off valve was having a field day. I was close to home and the roads are nice n twistie so I decided to have some fun.

We approached the first left bend , I took it hard pretty hard as i usually do my exit speed was pretty good, he dropped off a bit. Came to a sharp right, where i ate into the corner and drifted slightly, looked into the review mirror and see the ford at a 90 degree angle proceeding to go into a full 360.

Hahah! Cool story blackster When I get my 180, there will be none of that at the start got to learn how to drive it first. But I can't wait to murder all those ricy Swifts and Corrola's who think their king

My funni story comes from a pretty ricey car, I was driving my mates 92' rare Corrola GTi with afew mods which I can't remember what they were. The car was a pocket rocket and my friend was confident in me as his young apprentice, so he let me let loose every now and then...
    Coming around a corner onto eastern vally way a XR6 ute thought he was hot clutching and reving beside us, I hit the pedal and sliced the corner leaving him far behind, on eastern vally way kept the pace up, going around 100k's (late at night) off course he ripped past me at I have know idea what amazing speed, meanwhile I am slowing down for a familiar speed camera, FLASH, haha he got done Bloody ford drivers...

Default 180 storys...

The best 180 story I have heard was one from someone (who I can't remember..sorry ) Talked about how a Bently GT gave him a go, he passed him on the twisties and saw in the rear view a sideways Bently GT almost loosing it, dam if I saw that I would pee...

Default XR6 180 fun??

Blackster,
    A Ford Falcon, "his blow off valve having a field day".
    What model Falcon would that be, blow off valve?

And look what you've done now, young Oscar is frothing at the mouth at the bottom of this page!

1000+ Posts

XR6 Turbo.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Default XRS etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    XR6 Turbo.
    Oops! Thanks Stuey. I'll need to renew my "Wheels" subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    Blackster,

And look what you've done now, young Oscar is frothing at the mouth at the bottom of this page!
    The new Falcon xr6's come with a turbo. A friend of mine has one but I've never heard the blow off valve sound on his, so maybe that guy had fitted one on his.

It doesn't take much to get Oscar worked up (remember when YOU were 17! heheh) and regardless, it's not Blackster's fault by any means.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

You can still get an NA 182kW XR6, rather than the 240kW XR6T. The NA version is laughably slow
    1999 Seat Cupra 2.0 16v: silly cams, throttle bodies etc (sold... )

2003 RSC on 17s

1977 Mk1 Golf 2.0 16v

That’s correct, if you can hear the blow-off valve on an XR6 Turbo, it has an aftermarket “rice” special one.

Without knowing it was a BA Falcon you were talking about, there are a few earlier model ones getting around with turbos these days and quite a few of those are ricey too.

PS, I have seen a BA XR6 n/a run a 14.8 sec quarter mile, now that would be faster than most Pugs or Cits wouldn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    Blackster,

HAHAA!!!!!! I have never laughed at a post more than this one!! AHAHA! Funny!!

Default Bloody Fords

That is so funny!
    I've enjoyed seeing "doof doofs" for years trying to keep up with me in my old Mini Cooper S around corners!
    And they think they are such heroes as you slow down on the straights and they fly past, either narrowly missing you or the driver and/or passengers abusing you. Can't wait to do it in my GTi6!

Quote Originally Posted by johnh875
    That’s correct, if you can hear the blow-off valve on an XR6 Turbo, it has an aftermarket “rice” special one.

Without knowing it was a BA Falcon you were talking about, there are a few earlier model ones getting around with turbos these days and quite a few of those are ricey too.

PS, I have seen a BA XR6 n/a run a 14.8 sec quarter mile, now that would be faster than most Pugs or Cits wouldn’t it?
    Yep, it was a riced XR6T. All i could hear was HTTTTTKISSSSSHHHHHH.......

Sounded overboosted running like 18 psi or about a bar in old terms.

As for straight line speed yes, it has a faster quarter and no doubt he would left me or most pugs on the straight behind.

But that wasnt the point
    04' GTi 180

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information