306 Bumper help!
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 Bumper help!

Does anyone know if a 306xsi N5 front bumper would fit on a 306s16 N3. After a minor accident I have to replace the front bumper for the pug. It appears n5 bumpers are a lot easier to find, plus i prefer the look of the circular driving lights.
    Cheers,
    Ribbet.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 306 Bumper help!-bumpers.jpg  

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ribbet
    Does anyone know if a 306xsi N5 front bumper would fit on a 306s16 N3. After a minor accident I have to replace the front bumper for the pug. It appears n5 bumpers are a lot easier to find, plus i prefer the look of the circular driving lights.
    Cheers,
    Ribbet.

they will fit but you need to change the headlights as well as the radiator support as well as this is the part that hold the bumper and lights in place

you will also need to change the grille for the N5 as well

so yes it is easier to find N5 front bars but you will need to factor in the rad support, headlights and grille for the change over

rad supports new are around $250
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    they will fit but you need to change the headlights as well as the radiator support as well as this is the part that hold the bumper and lights in place

so yes it is easier to find N5 front bars but you will need to factor in the rad support, headlights and grille for the change over

Ok thanks for your help. Was reading up on some older threads about the same thing.

Might try to recondition the older bumper instead one and keep the original shape.

Plus of course those round fog lights you are fond of?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

and the bonnet by the looks of the pics too. It wont sit right above the bumper.
    2001 306 RALLYE

You wouldn't happen to have a spot light glass still whole would you?

If your not going to use the bumper again would you think of selling the glass?

Quote Originally Posted by DRTDVL
    You wouldn't happen to have a spot light glass still whole would you?

If your not going to use the bumper again would you think of selling the glass?
    Yeah I'm gonna try and get the thing reco'd so I'll still be using the spot lights, sorry mate.

thats all good... i only need the glass and wreakers here will only sell the whole unit for $112.50

Further question.
    I need to take the bumper off to send it away to be reconditioned. What's the best way to go about doing it? I know there's bolts below where the headlights are, but are there other fixing points? Can I get to them underneath? I remember seeing a diagram somewhere illustrating the fixing points but I can't track it down.

Apologies, it's probably been discussed previously on the forum, but I can't seem to find anything about 306 bumper removal.

Ribbet.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ribbet
    Further question.
    I need to take the bumper off to send it away to be reconditioned. What's the best way to go about doing it? I know there's bolts below where the headlights are, but are there other fixing points? Can I get to them underneath? I remember seeing a diagram somewhere illustrating the fixing points but I can't track it down.

Apologies, it's probably been discussed previously on the forum, but I can't seem to find anything about 306 bumper removal.

Ribbet.

if they are anything like the N5 there will be nuts that need to be got at by taking the inner plastic guards out and getting to them in there

there should be 3 on each side and also 2 bolts that hold the 'wings' of the bar to the guards

these need only be slacked off for removal

you may also need to remove the windscreen washer bottle to get access to the nuts for the bar on the drivers side
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

if they are anything like the N5 there will be nuts that need to be got at by taking the inner plastic guards out and getting to them in there

there should be 3 on each side and also 2 bolts that hold the 'wings' of the bar to the guards

these need only be slacked off for removal

you may also need to remove the windscreen washer bottle to get access to the nuts for the bar on the drivers side
    Fantastic. Thanks heaps.
    '01 406 SV, '95 306 S16, '86 505Gti wagon, '86 505Gti, 2x 505 '80s
    Dad just added a brand new C5 wagon to the collection, fantastic!

Thread Information