Pissed off Pug owner...
  • Register
  • Help
    Administrator

Default Pissed off Pug owner...

Check out THIS SITE ...

He sounds like a bit of a whinging git and I get the feeling he won't be on Peugeot's Christmas card list...

Advertisement

I knew the 307's had issues (comm 2000..) but this one sounds like a lemon.

Perhaps he should have brought a VW Golf
    Last edited by mistareno; 24th July 2005 at 09:42 PM.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

could be a lemon but i wonder how he has treated the car from the day the got it
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

I can help him with the rear shocks...

But I wouldn't supply them for free either.

Wow, half of that page could well have been written by me. His problems sound pretty similar.

Richard is right, he should have bought a Golf. I still can't get over the difference in general ownership between the Golf and the 307. It's like night and day.

Be nice to hear the whole story, but then I reckon the best at dealing with customer complaints with cars are Jap companies and the worst nearly have to be French; they're bloody hopeless, take the case with Daniel & his C3 there a while back.
    They can take a golden opportunity for a good PR exercise and turn it into a major disaster without even trying. I wonder how many new cars sales they lost with the Daniel episode? All for a bit of honesty and at worst the cost of a couple of hundred bucks. Abolute bloody corporate lunacy all round!!
    They've had a couple overseas on par with this one; one was the guy with the C5 who in the finish, the dealer swapped for a new car of another breed, which whilst I can sympathise with the dealer wanting him out of his hair, handled it with about as much common sense and nouse as you'd expect from a club bouncer and gave this guy the opportunity to use his generosity against him by basically saying the dealer didn't have any faith in his cars either when in fact I think the dealer just wanted this PITA out of his face, whilst another, a cabbie was the ultimate nightmare customer with complaints along the lines of "the door got so tight that it took at least 2 people to open and close it. Eventually, it even broke off it's hinges and I was left with a car minus a door." I mean....no $#!+ Sherlock; I wonder why? When I asked him why he didn't just put a couple of drops of oil on the hinge, he got all insulted and asked why he should be expected to do things ike this. Then when something else stuffed up, that could have been easily repaired, he put the car off the road until the part was sourced from France. In that case, I got no doubts this clown was simply lining PSA up for a compensation claim, but as I say, they make themselves targets by upsetting customers in the first place which isn't a real wise move, after all, no sales, no jobs. Being one hit wonders with buyers is alright in boom times but bites you on the bum when things go quiet.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

I think thats one reason why reliability surveys can be interesting, since they usually include ratings of service and stuff.

I think some of the worst service I've ever had was when I took my car to a Toyota dealer to get a second opinion on a head gasket issue. They basicly told me to just sell the car and buy new one (kindly showing me what they had on offer). I told the bloke that if they expected me to take them seriously then they had better get their sales people out of their service department right away!

Another episode involved a broken throttle sensor. When the replacement part was eventually obtained by the dealer it did not fit the car. But their computer which sourced the part could not be wrong! oh no! My car must have been a grey import (like that would make a difference even if it were true)! More harsh words and threats, the situation was eventually resolved. But my God, if I ever intended owning another Japanese car (HIGHLY unlikely anyway), it sure would'nt be a Toyota I'd have to have serviced with a dealer!

I find it incredible that there are so many poorly run dealerships around this country, from various marques. Are idiots attracted to this industry, or is it really as hard as they make it seem? Still, things probably are'nt as bad here as in the USA. Some of the horror stories there are phenomenal, and they have strict lemon laws that we cold only dream of too.

He's lucky he din't buy something Korean...

When I was kicking tyres and smokin' Winny blues, it was always claimed that more cars were sold from a workshop than from a showroom, and we proved it. I spent a fair amount of time in the service department talking to people I'd sold cars to who either had them in for routine maintenance or repairs, got to know them so well that the best man at our wedding had been one of my customers originally, and we sold cars to their friends and relations all over the show. No salesman was ever chased out of the workshop.
    These days, there's a mentality that it's a business, there exclusively for making money, and as such shouldn't have the personal touch which unfortunately is the result of too many setting their business principles on advice from number crunchers instead of sales orientated people.
    Probably also explains why there are so many businesses in the car industry that fall over; the lack of personal contact and follow up means the customer uses the dealership like the dealership has used the customer, as a consumeable and when things get tight, there's no customer loyalty there to be relied on. The customer moves onto the next dealership in the same cold calculating way the dealer moves on once the money is in the bank. These kind of complaints are the result.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

The letter from Peugeot says it all. He isn't the original owner of the vehicle so Peugeot has no liability. They have no idea of its history or the way it has been treated. Some people make spurious claims for economic advantage. Renault Australia was a good company for warranty claims on Peugeots, but still had dissatisfied customers. Mind you Peugeot UK can be very tough on warranty claims. There were a couple of cases in British courts with the 504 in the 1970's, one over liner seals and another over subframe rust.

i must agree with the snooty attitude of the salseman at peugeot could be dropped.
    i reckon if i ever buy a new car ,ill dress down .
    torn jeans,flanelette shirt,work boots etc.
    just so when i get snobbed by one sales person,ill go to another one and then rub the firsts one nose in it by telling them that their attitude needs adjustment and they just missed a sale.
    not all people buying new cars dress to the hilt, but walk in a showrrom with a mate who is in a suit and you in your jeans and see who will get served first.
    has this always been like this,ive never bought a new car but i cant beleive the salesman have always been like this,
    how do they sell anything?
    -BAZZ

sounds like that 307 was in an accident in its previous ownership......

theory:

smashed window: replaced windcreen with after market job
    remove carpet for panel beating: carpet never sits back properly.
    poorly repair stuffed up suspension: oddly wearing tyres.
    shocks making noise: damaged but not replaced at crash repairs maybe?

sounds like its had a ding to me.......

The expectation level of some customer is too high...... People have to remember these cars are designed and mostly built by humans. Humans aren't perfect and the cars won’t be either. Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame rather than the take responsibility for their own decisions, like buying second hand cars. Every decision someone makes has its own consequences. I have had many new cars from Fords to Peugeot and generally most have been very good, they all have had small repairs but nothing to loose sleep over. If nothing went wrong with cars we would need a warranty. So to everyone who has a sook about there cars….get a life, there are other things more important in life that loosing sleep or stressing out about a piece of metal.

Thread Information