Cheapest dealer price on 180? (sydney)
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default Cheapest dealer price on 180? (sydney)

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what's the cheapest new price everyone has managed to get out of dealers for a 180..?
    I've been looking at them at Trivett on Crown.. I was initally looking at a demo model with 300k that they were asking $35k for. I thought this was too high and offerred $31k. They didn't accept it and it was sold this weekend.
    I've been doing a lot of emailing back and forth and the saleperson volunteered a new onroad price of $37,500. Which is about $2k under what their regular onroad with metallic paint is ($39,248).
    I'm sure I've seen people post that they've managed to get down to $36k onroad. Is this the cheapest you can get? Where should I try in Sydney?

I never really intended to buy a new car, but there's just no 180s on the second hand market at the moment and I've been looking for weeks. ( OK there's one of two, but I hate the Agean blue and it seems they're just about all Agean Blue - I only want black or aluminium).

Advertisement

Also, what are the advantages of buying from a dealer? I personally don't see much value in it, but maybe I'm missing something.. I've never bought a new car before.

Icon12 180 Sales

G'day Mate!

Firstly, the 180 has begun to become a bit of a regular on the 2nd hand market at the moment, I don't know what sites you have searched but have you looked in...

www.drive.com.au
    www.carsales.com.au
    www.autotrader.com.au
    www.carpoint.com.au

These are all great sites.

To answer your question about dealer/demo/second hand. I think that when your looking for such a car, performance etc, the second hand market can be a little quirky. You will want to buy it from a second hand dealership firstly, unless the seller of the car is on Aussie Frogs The problem however is that with second hand you won't know if the car has been thrapped hard, that is the problem.. or even properly run in. You could also run into a lemon. With second hand, you should really look around and look into the car you are going to buy, more so if it is a performance car, someone could have bought it thought it was not fast enough and thrapped the life out of it... So the second hand alternative can be cheap, but risky.

As for demo, I think that demo could be a good option. However, on demo runs, since the car is a performance shopping trolly, of course people who test it are going to redline it etc, which isn't that good unless you are considering running the thing in nicley.

There is nothing like a new car but the things lose a sh*t load of value when driven off the showroom floor, this would be the most expensive option but the best if you are planning to keep the car for a long time.

When it comes down to it the choice is really up to you, I actually am in the same dillema. I am looking for a 180 yet I'm really not sure what alternative to go for. I think new because I am going to have it for a long time and new cars are great.

Choose wisely

Edit: oh yeah! Have you considerd finance? We are considering putting down $8000 for the car and then paying something like $156 a week for like four to five years. This can always be an easy, good option for buying new or demo.

And welcome to
    Last edited by rustymunga; 24th July 2005 at 12:56 PM.

advantages from buying from a dealer:

WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!! WARENTY!!!!!

nothing worse than getting a fairly new car with problems and then finding the old owner did something to void the remainded of the factory warenty... (has happened a lot before i.e. missing a service, modding it, etc..)

generally the cars are also given a full work over and cleaned very very well...

disadvantages from buying from a dealer:

2-5 grand more in cost, don't care if they don't sell it right away (hence no really bargining for you)

Tadpole

WARRANTY
    Yeah I know, they don't they teach spelling in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead
    WARRANTY
    haha,

i picked mine up for 36500. thats for an 05/05 model. be careful though, some dealers will try and sell you an 04/05 model for the same price.
    the o5/05s didn't arrive till march this year.
    Good luck, tell us how it goes
    206 GTI180 '05

Oscar can you get that shit of this website mate (rx7 ferrari yellow), your lame posts make me want to never come back here again...

1st of all you talk shit.

2nd you are a pay-out on yourself! a ferrari yellow RX-7, thats like saying hey look at me i'm a big fat try hard. i want a ferrari but i cant afford one so i will get a rx-7, good thinkin mate..

3rd THIS IS A FRENCH CAR WEBSITE, stop making us all look like the summernats i have in canberra every year, and just get a GTi180 go start your our website for flogs... like yourself...

i dont kare if i get booted for saying this im sick of hearing from a tosser at kings school with too much money and not enough culture!
    205GTi Peugeot 1988 Graphite Grey for sale $2500

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead
    WARRANTY
    actually I just can't be bothered thinking abot it half the time and if I see a mistake blah it's a mistake...

pugpete: what if it was British racing green? Would that make him a try hard also? It’s just what the color is called... if it was arctic white would he being trying to be a polar bear or an Eskimo?
    Last edited by DRTDVL; 25th July 2005 at 01:38 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

i dont kare if i get booted for saying this im sick of hearing from a tosser at kings school with too much money and not enough culture!
    It's care... not Kare

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by mantra
    It's care... not Kare
    It's Kare for Kings School

... Actually I've never heard of the school you guys are talking about ... by the sounds of it, it's exclusive to those with academic excellence or those with rich parents - or a bit of both.

I love sh!t stirring the pommy guys we get working here, the first thing they do is impose a "class" type situation by saying "I went to XXX university" .. to which I say, "So ... can you cut code though" Glad many Australians are not hung up on "what schools you went to", "who you vote for" etc

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by pugpete
    Oscar can you get that shit of this website mate (rx7 ferrari yellow), your lame posts make me want to never come back here again...

1st of all you talk shit.

2nd you are a pay-out on yourself! a ferrari yellow RX-7, thats like saying hey look at me i'm a

big fat try hard. i want a ferrari but i cant afford one so i will get a rx-7, good thinkin mate..

3rd THIS IS A FRENCH CAR WEBSITE, stop making us all look like the summernats i have in canberra every year, and just get a GTi180 go start your our website for flogs... like yourself...

go for it pugpete
    now dont hold back now!
    say what you really mean.
    had your extra testostirone shot this morning did you or was it that double shot cappacino?
    but i agree with you about the rx-7.
    why bother to say its ferrari yellow and why brag on a froogy site about rice burners.
    frog burners maybe! ha!-BAZZ

you guys do realise he's just trying to sell it to buy a pug right?

someone might want a nice little race car...

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by DRTDVL
    someone might want a nice little race car...
    With a dead engine

Now this is a .sig

Fellow Frogger!

$37k is a very good price, end of year sale maybe $36500, but thats once a year.

there is a point at which haggling and negotiating wont gain much more benefit, and on a $40k car its not very far.

if your buying $40k car you probably want to just get a pretty good price and start driving it ! now if it were a $500k the benefit is obviouslly greater hahaha !

you could always buy my 180 and save yourself $9k odd. but unfortunately its aegean blue hahaha. u do realise the blue is a distinguishing feature of the 180 over the GTi dont you? lol.

i dont know if the 180 has been all that much of a regular in the used cars lately, and prices seem to be plateuing a fair bit (not many under $30k now).

whichever way you go, good luck and stay happy !

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    u do realise the blue is a distinguishing feature of the 180 over the GTi dont you?
    Alas, no longer. There was a shiny new Aegean Blue 138 parked next to my machine at the Sydney FCD last weekend.

Personally, I think the Black and Silver models are heavily over-represented, but there is a slight chance I may be biased
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I paid $39K for a Black one, with full leather, 6 stacker CD and GTI floor mats. Plus it has their paint protection (wax).

The leather is worth $3K, the 6 Stack is about $1K and mats, $110. Paint protection?

So about $3,4890 - cost of paint protection

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    It's Kare for Kings School

... Actually I've never heard of the school you guys are talking about ... by the sounds of it, it's exclusive to those with academic excellence or those with rich parents - or a bit of both.

I love sh!t stirring the pommy guys we get working here, the first thing they do is impose a "class" type situation by saying "I went to XXX university" .. to which I say, "So ... can you cut code though" Glad many Australians are not hung up on "what schools you went to", "who you vote for" etc

- xTc -
    Well you are half right cause those who go there most certainly have rich parents. Academic excellence.... there was some dumb ass who went there I can assure you.

There's certainly this upper class snobbiness going on there. I heard this story from someone before and it goes like this, "I'm from the 1st eight rowing team, give me a free beer" That was a few years ago when they won the regatta against all the other rich kids.

As for preference for cars, would you rather the rich kid drive a RX7 or a brand new SLK Merc trying to show off at their local Maccas.

Quote Originally Posted by blu180
    I paid $39K for a Black one, with full leather, 6 stacker CD and GTI floor mats. Plus it has their paint protection (wax).

The leather is worth $3K, the 6 Stack is about $1K and mats, $110. Paint protection?

So about $3,4890 - cost of paint protection
    So instead of the standard (free) front mats, you got others?
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    So instead of the standard (free) front mats, you got others?
    I got both. Because I went for full leather the light grey trim on the 180 mats looked out of place. I think the full dark grey interior looks smart.

I got both. Because I went for full leather the light grey trim on the 180 mats looked out of place. I think the full dark grey interior looks smart.
    I see. I quite like the contrasting trim of the mats, but I guess without the contrasting trim of the seats as well it would look a little silly. Of course I've always wondered about the tight-arsed nature of them not supplying (or even selling) the same trimmed mats for the back, but I just "borrowed" the GTi ones I had in the last car.

Sounds like you have a very nice machine there
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

[QUOTE=SLC206 Of course I've always wondered about the tight-arsed nature of them not supplying (or even selling) the same trimmed mats for the back, [/QUOTE]

yeah, what is with that?

To top it off the standard GTI mats are better wearing. I don't wear shoes when i drive and my 180 mats needed replacing after 12 month cause the driver's side was worn down. My old 2001 GTI mats lasted the whole 3 years I owned the car.

I'm getting some custom made 100% NZ wool mats made, as well as a boot mat.

There's a place called Peter Wright Overlocking in Marrickville. I'm suppllying the carpet and for less than $50 they are making them for me. NICE

XTC

I'm getting some custom made 100% NZ wool mats made, as well as a boot mat.
    I have sheep skin inserts for my GTi seats, very simple design, but are you having the same thing for floor mats? ... sounds like a "shoes off" only ride and I bet the ladies like it on their feet, the French say they are better lovers - Italians say they are of course, and Aussies say "pass me another beer love" hahahaha

- xTc -

[Sorry, picture is not the best, will get a better one another time]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cheapest dealer price on 180? (sydney)-206gti-seat-covers.jpg  

Now this is a .sig

Can't help thinking about what the Kiwis would say with all that 100% NZ wool
    Regards,

Simon

----

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by 306XT
    Well you are half right cause those who go there most certainly have rich parents. Academic excellence.... there was some dumb ass who went there I can assure you.

There's certainly this upper class snobbiness going on there. I heard this story from someone before and it goes like this, "I'm from the 1st eight rowing team, give me a free beer" That was a few years ago when they won the regatta against all the other rich kids.

As for preference for cars, would you rather the rich kid drive a RX7 or a brand new SLK Merc trying to show off at their local Maccas.
    Im sorry i was in a bad mood.. but still can you keep your posts a little more french please oscar... and GET THAT BLODDY RX-7 off this site

i spent years having to defend my pug's reputation against rx-7's and torana's at high school. Its like he's swearing at me everytime i see those words...

and its not about how much money you have, or how much your car costs. to me its how much you love it, how much passion you have for frenchys, that really shows the kind of person you are. and im not saying that we cant all learn something from oscar (maybe how todo fully sick drift driving?), im just saying that i wouldnt mind if he was a little more humble.
    205GTi Peugeot 1988 Graphite Grey for sale $2500

Quote Originally Posted by pugpete
    i spent years having to defend my pug's reputation against rx-7's and torana's at high school. Its like he's swearing at me everytime i see those words...
    do what i use to in my school days... sit them in the passengers seat... find a nice twisty road and scare the crap out of them with the pug cornering abiltity... or get them to follow and try and keep up... my little 1.4 pulled away from some much more powerful and mod'd cars...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information