306 2L Cat
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 2L Cat

Default 306 2L Cat

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new Cat for my 97 XSi. I rang Peugeot first who quoted me $1500!! I don't know if he typed it in the computer wrong but that price is obviously ridiculous. Anyway next I tried Carline in Gladesville who offered a standard ceramic for $375 or a Stainless for $550. He said the Stainless will give better flow and emissions.

Anyone got opinions in this? I'm thinking of getting a new SS exhaust all the way though next year, so I'm leaning towards the SS Cat but can't shake the feeling that I'm paying $200 more for bugger all difference in performance or emissions.

Advertisement

Thanks
    Jamie.
    '97 N5 306 XSi - Blaze Gold

Get one off a Commodore fitted. I was quoted approx. $200 - $300 supplied and fitted.
    Peugeot/Citroen prices are to quote from "the Castle"............."Tell 'im 'e's dreamin' "

Providing it's there, blows in one end and out the other, it's not going to affect the performance much either way.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

on my old 306 style i did it from the cat back back and it cost me $760 with the muffler that was full stainless and give me more power, did that at hi-tech on parramatta rd that was about 3-4yrs ago
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Thread Information