Nice? 205 Gti for sale.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Nice? 205 Gti for sale.

Any of you guys see this or may be interested in it? Alternatively, does anyone here know the car?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....sPageName=WDVW

Advertisement

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Pics look nice, but it has less then 1 month of rego left. Considering its a dealer auctioning it are they not still bound by law to put some rego on it?

Just a little worried that the rego hasnt been renewed yet are there motor or body problems?
    04' GTi 180

Read the dealers background.
    He sells on consignment things that may be deceased estates, marriage break ups and the like apparently which is why they are sold a la' auction via e-bay.
    He also charges a "handling fee" which covers the roadworthy (Pink, green or whatever colour) certificate as part of the deal.
    If anyone's looking for one of these, I reckon it would have to be worth a call. If I'm not mistaken, that red back panel is a rareity in itself isn't it?
    I just thought, better a Froggy fanatic gets it before it ends up lapping a Maccas car park going doof, doof, doof

Alan S

It looks good, bit confusing though cause it says bidding has ended, auction closed?

I realise that, but he's a dealer with full contact particulars and makes noises about "negotiating" if the car doesn't make reserve.
    Reserve wasn't made at $3800 so it's anyone's guess what it might be....$4K $5K maybe???
    It's a wonder someone here doesn't know that car though as to me, it seems to have "enthusiast" written all over it.

Alan S

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

The tyres looked a bit high profile or is that just me??

The red reflector panel on the back was probably stolen off a Series 3
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

It's for sale on ebay again - reserve met at 4k and one hour left.

Seems to be a few going through at present and prices verrrry tempting. Great chance for a few that have been howling for one to step up to the mark.

Alan S

tyres probably look high because it's on stock 14" rims?
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

If anyone is interested, it is still for sale, I called the dude selling it and he said if someone made an offer of $4000 he would sell it. BTW it has about 120,000km on it and is in immac cond.

Tadpole

Default Nice? 205 GTi for sale

Hi everyone

Just joined the forum. To satisfy everyone's curiosity I'm the one who purchased the GTi off Ebay

Car is in pretty good condition original? condition and is a hoot to drive Took delivery of it on the weekend. Log books say it was originally from Canberra and has had 3?? previous owners.
    Really happy with it although I'm a bit confused about it.All the literature I have says the 1.9 models had rear discs and 15" wheels.
    This car has rear drums and 5 x 14" wheels (with near new michelin tyres to keep it a froggy as possible).Is it bodgy or were the Aussie cars a different spec?
    The car does come with a good stereo although rest assured Alan S I'm past the doof doof maccas stage.

The only other issue I have with the car is that both outer seat bolsters have collapsed. Is this a common problem and is it easy enough to fix?

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza
    Hi everyone

Just joined the forum. To satisfy everyone's curiosity I'm the one who purchased the GTi off Ebay
    Welcome to AF

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Fellow Frogger!

.All the literature I have says the 1.9 models had rear discs and 15" wheels.
    This car has rear drums and 5 x 14" wheels (with near new michelin tyres to keep it a froggy as possible).Is it bodgy or were the Aussie cars a different spec?
    There was a sort of 'Export' 1.9 GTi that was inferior to the proper 1.9 GTi released in various countries.

Instead of the proper 130hp motor they have a low-compression 105hp motor, rear drums, 14" wheels, non-leather interior and a few other little things like smaller driveshafts I believe.

For instance we get a lot of these coming into New Zealand from Japan. Why you received them in Australia comes down to cost/fuel/catalytic converter concerns I believe?

I tend to essentially think of these as a 1.6 GTi with a 105hp 1.9 motor.

You'll quickly learn that in Australia there is a reference to the 3 different series of 205 GTi. The Series 1 and 2 being fairly similar aside from the interior whereas the Series 3 has the 122hp Motronic/cat motor, half leather interior,15" wheels and rear discs. This is essentially the proper 1.9 GTi that was seen in Europe during the early 1990s.

Looking at the pictures I believe your car is of the 'Series 2' designation, with the newer interior (rotary dials, three spoke steering wheel etc).
    Last edited by Louis; 23rd August 2005 at 09:08 PM.

The only other issue I have with the car is that both outer seat bolsters have collapsed. Is this a common problem and is it easy enough to fix?
    Yes, it's common. A motor trimmer will be able to make it like new again - there's plenty of them in Fyshwick.

Congrats on your purchase.

yah lozza welcome to af buddy.

your 205gti is easily an early s2... how can we tell?

dial style ventilation (as opposed to vertical slide ventilation switch gear of the s1), later hatch spoiler, earlier style tail lights, and 14 inch pepperpots. therefore it has the 105 bhp engine, and no rear discs. still, its a frikn awesome drive, considering its low weight and agility and ability to fly through corners, and masses of torque, down low.

all cloth interiors from the s1 and s2 have a tendency to tear/ fall apart at the bolstering. dont bother with getting them repaired unless youve got a spare $500 for each seat . just source a set of well cared for gti cloth seats (they come up every so often, and exist), shoot off to kmart and get seat covers, or source a set of hard to find (rare) gti leather seats.

mate, if you have any questions re anything 205gti, do a search as youll find a billion threads re everything 205gti, as i dont think there isnt much else we have not yet covered.

p.s. btw, nice gti
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Glad to see it went to a good home. It looked the goods and sounds like it lived up to expectations.
    Hope to see you get a lot of enjoyable miles out of it.

Alan S

Thread Information