Any decent places in Bris to get a wheel balance done?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Any decent places in Bris to get a wheel balance done?

I've pretty much exhausted my options locally to provide a 1/2 decent wheel balance on my car. I thought while I was in brisbane this weekend, I might give a place there a go ...any suggestions?

Advertisement

These are obviously these stoopid wheels with no centres similar to the Xantia wheels, am I right?

All I can suggest would be to try a couple of joints down Slacks Creek way. Look up in the phone book that are involved in mag wheel refurbishing.
    My son had a couple done on his GT-R when he bent it and they came back perfect. Don't know exactly where but I remember he was going to the Gold Coast one afternoon and collected them as he was passing through.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Default Wheel balancing - enclosed centres

Well I was hoping to get the 403 three stud enclosed centre wide rims (205/65 x 15) fitted with new tyres at the Bob Jane outlet at Springwood on the way up to the FCD at UQ.

Tyres are $5 each dearer than competitors, no price matching.
    Wheel balancing at $16.50 per wheel, no matter how many I had balanced (I had at least four, probably six depending on price).
    Not open Sunday.

Killed that idea.....

friday 403

If you are on the north side and especially if your 406 has solid wheel centers Bob Jane a Toombul and tell Steve that another 406 owner recomended him also Quick fit at Albion

Chers Ian
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Wishart
    I've pretty much exhausted my options locally to provide a 1/2 decent wheel balance on my car. I thought while I was in brisbane this weekend, I might give a place there a go ...any suggestions?
    Hey Whisky,

You going to the French Car Day?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    These are obviously these stoopid wheels with no centres similar to the Xantia wheels, am I right?

All I can suggest would be to try a couple of joints down Slacks Creek way. Look up in the phone book that are involved in mag wheel refurbishing.
    My son had a couple done on his GT-R when he bent it and they came back perfect. Don't know exactly where but I remember he was going to the Gold Coast one afternoon and collected them as he was passing through.

Alan S

The guy in springwood is called wheel revolution, and the people on the coast are Depulu wheel reconditioners.

As for getting a wheel balance call Bob Jane at Browns plains and speak to John Pace his the owner, has a pug in the family if he cant do it he will be able to put you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by immy s16
    The guy in springwood is called wheel revolution, and the people on the coast are Depulu wheel reconditioners.

As for getting a wheel balance call Bob Jane at Browns plains and speak to John Pace his the owner, has a pug in the family if he cant do it he will be able to put you in the right direction.

Bingo; that's him. Thanks for the memory jolt.

John Pace at Bob Janes; did he own a driving school down the Gold Coast many years ago by any chance do you know?
    Not a real common name and I knew a John Pace who from memory I think was based at Nerang.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Bingo; that's him. Thanks for the memory jolt.

John Pace at Bob Janes; did he own a driving school down the Gold Coast many years ago by any chance do you know?
    Not a real common name and I knew a John Pace who from memory I think was based at Nerang.

Alan S

Not to sure Alan but will be talking to him later today hopefully, and will pop the question and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggsy
    If you are on the north side and especially if your 406 has solid wheel centers Bob Jane a Toombul and tell Steve that another 406 owner recomended him also Quick fit at Albion

Chers Ian
    Can't remember if it was steve, but the manager there is a top bloke - got my latest BF's there, he likes his yokos though. I was drooling over the DO1J's etc on the stands last time I was there.

Dave

Thread Information