help! newby with idle problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Laz
    Tadpole

Icon5 help! newby with idle problem

getting very frustrated with my 306 s16 ...
    one night I park it in the garage everything is running fantastically the next morning its stalling everytime I come to stop. so I book it into peugeot which I have to wait for a week to get it into.. in the mean time I get help with changing the airfilter , oil and filter and giving her a general clean up,we also put a little injector cleaner into the tank, this helps a little and it will idle sometimes but no time in particular not really when hot or cold .
    so the day comes to go to peugeot and they find its the O2 sensor but they dont have the part so off I go and track it down and get it fitted. it still wont idle... I bring it home and change the spark plugs which peugeot said were slightly black and 2 days later it starts to idle again ... progress..but the idle is very rough ... so back to peugeot they um and ahhh say it wasnt reset and reset it which changes nothing and then suggest that it may be the timing but they not to sure...
    I have it booked in to see paulo vasulo but as hes so fully booked I was wondering if anyone had and suggestions I can try in the mean time
    thanks and sorry for such a long post
    Laz

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Laz
    getting very frustrated with my 306 s16 ...
    one night I park it in the garage everything is running fantastically the next morning its stalling everytime I come to stop. so I book it into peugeot which I have to wait for a week to get it into.. in the mean time I get help with changing the airfilter , oil and filter and giving her a general clean up,we also put a little injector cleaner into the tank, this helps a little and it will idle sometimes but no time in particular not really when hot or cold .
    so the day comes to go to peugeot and they find its the O2 sensor but they dont have the part so off I go and track it down and get it fitted. it still wont idle... I bring it home and change the spark plugs which peugeot said were slightly black and 2 days later it starts to idle again ... progress..but the idle is very rough ... so back to peugeot they um and ahhh say it wasnt reset and reset it which changes nothing and then suggest that it may be the timing but they not to sure...
    I have it booked in to see paulo vasulo but as hes so fully booked I was wondering if anyone had and suggestions I can try in the mean time
    thanks and sorry for such a long post
    Laz
    Give the guys @ midas concord a call, they do some work with 306's
    There's one in there now

Thread Information