Peugeot 206gti Brake discs
  • Register
  • Help

Icon10 Peugeot 206gti Brake discs

Hi, I am a new peugeot owner and enjoying the delights of french motoring after having spent 10 years with my Korean Auto.
    My 206gti is in for the 40,000km service and I was advised that the brake discs need to be replaced as well as front and rear pads. Is this normal? Unfortunately I was still in my Hyundai mind frame where I drove 195,000km in 10 years with never changing discs and only one break pad change.
    The joys of European motoring.

Advertisement

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony's gti
    Hi, I am a new peugeot owner and enjoying the delights of french motoring after having spent 10 years with my Korean Auto.
    My 206gti is in for the 40,000km service and I was advised that the brake discs need to be replaced as well as front and rear pads. Is this normal? Unfortunately I was still in my Hyundai mind frame where I drove 195,000km in 10 years with never changing discs and only one break pad change.
    While I've heard of distances this short for GTI's, I'd be getting a second opinion (or at least getting them to show you the pads and discs with a measuering device to actually show the measurements) .. Also there is MUCH better and cheaper options then EOM Peugeot parts .. jump over the 206gti.net and the yahoo group there will let you know of other available options. Which dealer is it at ?

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony's gti
    Dealer is Trivetts/Asquith & Johnson in Parramatta/Sydney

40 thou is pretty soon for pad replacements but then again if its been driven hard or used to comute everyday in heavy traffic its possible....

The materials used in the rotors an pad in pugs and most euro car works differently to most jap cars in that the rotors wears with the pads quite excessivly in comparison to their jap countertparts...

this is a good link into 206 brake options

Slotted Rotors for Gti 180

206 brakes; Pads & Discs?

and this one is pretty informative

306 Brake Upgrade Thread

"Racing is life, Everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen 1930 - 1980

Thread Information