504 seats fold all the way down...
  • Register
  • Help

Default 504 seats fold all the way down...

Does anyone have a piture.. i think from memory it was from the haynes manual, of the interior of a 504 with the head rests removed from the front chairs and them lying flat, turning the 504 in to a queen size bed??

Advertisement

I realy need a picture of such for a .. school assignmnet... if anyone can scan it or has a link..

Cheers..

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    Does anyone have a piture.. i think from memory it was from the haynes manual, of the interior of a 504 with the head rests removed from the front chairs and them lying flat, turning the 504 in to a queen size bed??

I realy need a picture of such for a .. school assignmnet... if anyone can scan it or has a link..

Cheers..
    404's are even better for it, cause you don't have to remove head rests.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

The early model 504's (1800cc motor) with the french seats were really good as the head rest was recessed in the top of the seat... if any one has a users manual for that era there was a good drawing there.... having said that bthere was nothing like the "land crab" austin 1800 with h=the seats down and the gear stick unclipped ( took all of 30 seconds) and it was a king sized bed.

Cheers
    Meggsy
    Current - 4007HDi
    Had - 407 HDI 406 SV 404, 504, 505 GR and STI. 405 GR ( carbie version) STI, MI16
    And an Austin 1800
    Learnt to drive in 203 Convertible and a 403 SW

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Meggsy
    The early model 504's (1800cc motor) with the french seats were really good as the head rest was recessed in the top of the seat...
    It's quite funny how you refer to them as 'French' seats.

A pity you guys didn't get them all the way through.

My '77 Ti had them, quite nice, just push the headrests down and they integrate into the seat perfectly. Never used them as a bed though, a pity as I would've liked to get the chance to.

I had a 75 South African 504 (not a Ti and not a GL I don't think - not sure of exact model but it was a 2 litre) and it had these seats. I once used it as a bed when I went camping. It was not bad - a bit lumpy but it worked fine. More comfortable than a tent anyway.

I don't really have any decent photos showing the seats unfortunately. The headrest was 'suspended' on a fairly thin strip of metal which pushed down into the seat so that the headrest was flush with the top of the normal seat back. I have a bad photo in which you can just make this out through the windscreen. I'll post it if you want me to but it isn't very clear.

Cheers.

Fellow Frogger!

I haven't got a picture of mine flat down but here's a photo of just the headrest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 504 seats fold all the way down...-headrest.jpg  

The FIL has a pair in his 404 ute.
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Here you go, with many thanks to the crew at 504.org
    http://www.504.org/general_GB.htm
    select technical info then go down to and select "Us owners handbook" and you will find what you are looking for on page 26.

note to Bowie, you were almost on the right track, its in the owners handbook not Haynes, close but no cigar

What subject is this "school project" for?

I think these seats were called "French" as they were the original imported version later replaced by the less comfortable Australian content "Toombstone " type

Cheers Ranger
    "The defendant is no gentleman, but that is neither here nor there. We find for the defendant, much as we dislike him." A.P. Herbert

Thread Information