Industion Kit... To good to be true ??
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Induction Kit... To good to be true ??

Hi, as I have mentioned before I have a Pug 306 td and I was browsing ebay I came across this induction kit, they work out ay less than 20 each including postage the brand on this is called max-power. The guy selling them has got good feedback but this seems very cheap when compared with other branded kits so I wondered if anyone had come across them. Also I have been advised that I may have to use an extra air scoop so should this come with the kit ?

Shootlow

Advertisement
    Last edited by Shootlow; 7th June 2005 at 04:23 AM.

Hi,
    Is that Doncaster in the uk where your from?
    They sale these in the uk Motorworld shops.

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/search....=max+power+air

Hope thats of some help.

Cheers chips.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by chips
    Hi,
    Is that Doncaster in the uk where your from?
    They sale these in the uk Motorworld shops.

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/search....=max+power+air

Hope thats of some help.

Cheers chips.
    Hi chips mate, yes it is Doncaster UK.. eeeee it's grim up north. You say they sell in these Uk Motorworld shops, dont suppose you know how much they retail at or if they're any good ?

Icon10

This seems a little like a similar product here in the US that was touted on the television "info-mercials" some time ago. A fellow French car enthusiast told me told me that it created problems with burned valves. I don't hear about the product anymore. This is kind of a "for what it's worth" observation. I have no particular experience with this particular product.

Carl

The prices are on the page on the link
    As to if there any good or not,if theres a filter inside of the mesh,then they might be worth a look at that price,the problem with all these high flow air filters is that they let plenty of air in,but sometimes at the cost of damaging your engine with dust/dirt etc.Myself id rather see what after market filters the tuning garages/firms use when tuning there customers cars.

Cheers chips.

Tadpole

The prices are on the page on the link
    As to if there any good or not,if theres a filter inside of the mesh,then they might be worth a look at that price,the problem with all these high flow air filters is that they let plenty of air in,but sometimes at the cost of damaging your engine with dust/dirt etc.Myself id rather see what after market filters the tuning garages/firms use when tuning there customers cars.

Cheers chips.
    Ahhhh very attentive I am not.. cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Shootlow
    Ahhhh very attentive I am not.. cheers mate
    No Worries Fella.
    I think id rather buy from a High street shop that way if the parts not much good you can take it back to them and get your money back.I think its a Fiver more from the shop,dont know how much the ebayer will charge to post it,cant be much in it.

Chips.

Tadpole

No Worries Fella.
    I think id rather buy from a High street shop that way if the parts not much good you can take it back to them and get your money back.I think its a Fiver more from the shop,dont know how much the ebayer will charge to post it,cant be much in it.

Chips.
    I think your right chips, it works out around a fiver cheaper from the seller including the postage so I think I will check out motorworld as they seem to have a few kits very reasonably priced and theres always the peace of mind when dealing with the high street.

All the best...Shootlow

Tadpole

Whilst still on the subject of induction kits for a td I was reading something about breather filters and it said for use with induction kits, I was wondering if they are necessary when fitting an induction kit and for what purpose as the articles were not that clear.

Thread Information