205 A/C Wiring Diagram
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 A/C Wiring Diagram

Does some kind soul have a copy of the wiring for the 205 A/C or could scan in the page from a workshop manual? My A/C is playing up electrically and as they aren't that common in the U.K. i'm having real trouble getting hold of a wiring diagram.

Thanks Guys,

Advertisement

Josh
    Miami Blue 205 GTi limited edition with Skip Brown 1.9S conversion Full leather interior, Skip Brown phase 2 suspension, Quaife ATB LSD, Grp N mounts, Grp N Exhaust, GTi 6 Brakes running Mintex 1144's and Goodridge Braided Hoses. Emerald M3D ECU to come soon.......

I though I did, but I don't. I have a spare harness. Tell me what's going on and I'll try to work it out.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thanks for looking Pete, my rad fans aren't working when the A/C is switched on. I would relly like to get hold of a diagram, do you guys get on in the Haynes manual or equivalent?

Thanks again,

Josh
    Miami Blue 205 GTi limited edition with Skip Brown 1.9S conversion Full leather interior, Skip Brown phase 2 suspension, Quaife ATB LSD, Grp N mounts, Grp N Exhaust, GTi 6 Brakes running Mintex 1144's and Goodridge Braided Hoses. Emerald M3D ECU to come soon.......

One of the fans should be switched by the ac ecu... and always be on when ac is on, perhaps you should check the ac fan relay to see if it has expired...

I have a haynes 205 manual laying round here somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Super Josh
    Thanks for looking Pete, my rad fans aren't working when the A/C is switched on. I would relly like to get hold of a diagram, do you guys get on in the Haynes manual or equivalent?

Thanks again,

Josh
    Is it triggering the clutch on the compressor? It may be that you're low on gas in which case the switch on top of the receiver/dryer will be open circuit.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Is it triggering the clutch on the compressor? It may be that you're low on gas in which case the switch on top of the receiver/dryer will be open circuit.

Alan S
    Yeah the system is up on pressure, just that when you switch on the AC the fans just won't turn.

Josh

I have the Haynes Service and Repair Manual 205 on my website.
    The electrical/wiring diagrams are also included.

Just download it!!!

Link: http://home.hccnet.nl/e.a.kwint/Info/HaynesPeugeot205ServiceAndRepairManual.pdf
    205 1.9 GTI Griffe (1991)

Check my website: WWW.205GRIFFE.TK

Quote Originally Posted by 205GRIFFE
    I have the Haynes Service and Repair Manual 205 on my website.
    The electrical/wiring diagrams are also included.

Just download it!!!

Link: http://home.hccnet.nl/e.a.kwint/Info/HaynesPeugeot205ServiceAndRepairManual.pdf
    Thanks for the download. Unfortunately that manual is the same as the one we have in the U.K. without the A/C wiring So i will have to try another source, does the Aussie version have the A/C wiring diagram? Would anyone be prepared to scan it in for me? Nice Griffe by the way, would love to have one of those

Cheers Guys,

Josh

The 205 doesn't have any ECU control for the A/C or the fans. It's plain Jane stuff. I'll check on the weekend, but I'm certain that the relays are switched to low speed when the compressor is energised. So there should be continuity between the compressor wire and the low speed wire.

I'd start by identifying the low speed circuit. ie the sensor on the side of the radiator. Pull the three wires off and work out which combination engages low speed.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    The 205 doesn't have any ECU control for the A/C or the fans. It's plain Jane stuff. I'll check on the weekend, but I'm certain that the relays are switched to low speed when the compressor is energised. So there should be continuity between the compressor wire and the low speed wire.

I'd start by identifying the low speed circuit. ie the sensor on the side of the radiator. Pull the three wires off and work out which combination engages low speed.
    Thanks for that Pete. You are right no ECU control, this is my understanding of how the 205 AC works. Switch on the dash applies power to the temp control module underneath the heater box. If the temp of the evaporator is above ~3 - 4 degrees then a signal (probably just 12V) is sent through to the control box on the right hand wing to call for some cooling. The cooling fans are switched on low speed( the two in series) and if the refrigerant pressure as read by the pressostat is okay( ie above 2 bar(system not empty) and below ~ 20 bar(system over pressurised because it is working too hard)) then the clutch on the compressor is engaged and cooling begins.
    If the pressure of the refrigerant rises too high or the temp of the coolant rises above ~92 degrees, then the cooling fans are switched onto high speed(the two are in parallel).
    I have a question, if you've been with me so far. When the AC system is switched on, do the cooling fans run all the time? or only when the compressor is running i.e do they cycle in and out like the compressor does?

Thanks again Guys,

Josh

Thread Information