outbid by $2.50 for rally decal kit.
  • Register
  • Help

Default outbid by $2.50 for rally decal kit.

well im a bit pissed off.i bid for the above on ebay and was told i was the winning bid all the way until the time was up and i was outbid by $2,50.
    how does this work?
    dont they show the highest maximum bid?
    how do you see others highest maximum bids?
    as you can see im still a bit of a computer ludite..
    and im pissed off i didnt win as well.
    i would have bid up to $200 on this.
    any tips from the masters???????

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    well im a bit pissed off.i bid for the above on ebay and was told i was the winning bid all the way until the time was up and i was outbid by $2,50.
    how does this work?
    When using EBAY you should always bid the maximum you are willing to pay. I am sure you understand how ebay bids up to your maximum until it is passed, so I wont go over it.

How I win auctions is through this website.

www.auctionsniper.com

Use this web site. Set your maximum bid to be as high as you are willing to go. Then wait. I set my snipe at 5 seconds before the end of the auction, that way no one has time to bid over me. Remember you can still lose if your maximum is less than the other persons.
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

1000+ Posts

There are two ways - you put in your maximum bid straight away, and eBay will bid for you up to your maximum. So if someone bids an amount, and your maximum still beats this, eBay will bid you one bid-step above them each time they bid, until it reaches your maximum.

IMO you shouldn't bid until very late in the auction as it drives the price up. Put it on your 'watched items' list.

Or, you can wait until the last 15 seconds and try to 'snipe' it by bidding the amount you think will secure it. Unfortunately, if their maximum is still above your bid, they'll win.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

1000+ Posts

Snap, Ash!

One thing, Baz, is 'sniping' should be set according to the speed of your connection. On dial up, it might take longer than 5 seconds to refresh your bid, so 10-15secs may be best. Check how long pages take to update on the day - this is a good indicator.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Snap, Ash!

One thing, Baz, is 'sniping' should be set according to the speed of your connection. On dial up, it might take longer than 5 seconds to refresh your bid, so 10-15secs may be best. Check how long pages take to update on the day - this is a good indicator.

Stuey
    Which is why I use a 3rd party site like auctionsniper. That way your internet connection has nothing to do with the snipe.

The best thing is by signing up you get three free snipes!
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    how does this work?

Pfft ebay drives me mad but I cant help browsing. A couple of nights ago I was watching a set of 14" pug logo allys great condition decent tyres and kept refreshing the page, it gets to a couple of minutes before the auction end and I put my bid in only to be told the auction had ended. Peeeeeeed off is an understatement worse thing is the winning bid was only 40 and they were located in my town as they were a local pick up only. This has happened to me before when trying to bid late.

Quote Originally Posted by ashvsaod
    When using EBAY you should always bid the maximum you are willing to pay. I am sure you understand how ebay bids up to your maximum until it is passed, so I wont go over it.

How I win auctions is through this website.

www.auctionsniper.com

Use this web site. Set your maximum bid to be as high as you are willing to go. Then wait. I set my snipe at 5 seconds before the end of the auction, that way no one has time to bid over me. Remember you can still lose if your maximum is less than the other persons.
    THANKS GUYS !!!!.
    i was the highest bidder all the way through till finish and i missed out by $2.50 .
    this item will not be seen again i think, so that really adds insult to injury.
    next time ill put the max at $10000000000000000000000000. just to get the top bid. ha!
    -thank for all the above tips-BAZZ

Thread Information