306 Front Fogs.. Grrrrrrr
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 Front Fogs.. Grrrrrrr

I have a 1997 306 glx td and I need to change a front fog bulb... And ?. I hear you all saying. Well.. And I dont know how the heck to get at it, the Haynes book tells me zilch and the owner manual a little less, so if any of you good peeps could give a little advice it would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

All the best to all... Shootlow

Quote Originally Posted by Shootlow
    I have a 1997 306 glx td and I need to change a front fog bulb... And ?. I hear you all saying. Well.. And I dont know how the heck to get at it, the Haynes book tells me zilch and the owner manual a little less, so if any of you good peeps could give a little advice it would be much appreciated.

All the best to all... Shootlow
    If its anything like my N5 1998 306 GTI6, You have to reach in through the wheel arch/underneath to get at it. You take out the inner plastic wheel cover, then remove the plastic covers at the base of the bumper (in front of the wheels on either side). By now you can see the back of the fog. You should be able to get at the cover so that you can take the bulb out.
    Toast, the best thing since sliced bread!

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    If its anything like my N5 1998 306 GTI6, You have to reach in through the wheel arch/underneath to get at it. You take out the inner plastic wheel cover, then remove the plastic covers at the base of the bumper (in front of the wheels on either side). By now you can see the back of the fog. You should be able to get at the cover so that you can take the bulb out.

Cheers Lightning, done all that and it seems I'll need hands the size of a baby to get at it, drastic measures may need to be taken ..I can see the bumper coming off cos theres no way my hands can get at it

Tadpole

Done it, or rather a little fella I know has, after much swearing pulling and tugging....but it's done

Good stuff. I had to replace mine as the lens was cracked. Had to take the whole bloody bumper off!
    Toast, the best thing since sliced bread!

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    Good stuff. I had to replace mine as the lens was cracked. Had to take the whole bloody bumper off!
    Yes I've got a problem with condensation in my fogs and I'm reliably informed that if I want to solve this the bumper would need to come off. For some reason my fogs glow orange not bothered really as long as it's legal which I'm not sure it is.

Thread Information