Some excellent 180 reviews
  • Register
  • Help

Default Some excellent 180 reviews

Whilst hunting around for 407 reviews I stumbled across some very good 180 reviews particularly the one by the highly critical Jeremy Clarkson. After driving it on the Top Gear test track he almost went as far as saying it was perfect! www.carkeys.co.uk/launches/peugeot/829.asp http://www.driving.timesonline.co.uk...4082_2,00.html

Advertisement

Thanks for that! Hadn't seen those before...

Nick
    You twist and turn like a twist-ey turn-ey thing! - Lord Melchett - Blackadder the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by ajgti180
    Whilst hunting around for 407 reviews I stumbled across some very good 180 reviews particularly the one by the highly critical Jeremy Clarkson. After driving it on the Top Gear test track he almost went as far as saying it was perfect! www.carkeys.co.uk/launches/peugeot/829.asp http://www.driving.timesonline.co.uk...4082_2,00.html
    Intially jeremy clarkson blames the car as he cant use his mobile phone whilst driving and the air con isnt cold enough for him. Correct me if im wrong, but just cause you cant use the phone whilst driving that isnt a fault with the car.

Secondly during our hot summer days I never had any issue with keeping cool with climate control. His comparing his merc to the pug, like common your comparing 120k vs 35k.

I guess as he drove the pug more his likeness for the car improved.
    Last edited by WRC180; 5th June 2005 at 11:25 PM.
    04' GTi 180

Quote Originally Posted by blackster
    Intially jeremy clarkson blames the car as he cant use his mobile phone whilst driving and the air con isnt cold enough for him. Correct me if im wrong, but just cause you cant use the phone whilst driving is a fault with the car.

Secondly during our hot summer days I never had any issue with keeping cool with climate control. His comparing his merc to the pug, like common your comparing 120k vs 35k.

I guess as he drove the pug more his likeness for the car improved.
    Yes there,s a bit of pointless ranting and raving on the first page, its good that he forgot all about this nonsense after putting it through a few corners on the road and track. After which he seemed quite gobsmacked by it,s performance.

You'll probably find the air con system installed in the UK is probably different to he one we get in Australia. Oz needing more powerful air con than the UK...obviously...

Thanks for posting the links. Jeremy is always good for a laff.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    You'll probably find the air con system installed in the UK is probably different to he one we get in Australia. Oz needing more powerful air con than the UK...obviously...
    I'm not sure - that sounds a little labour-intensive. I think it was either stuffed or he didn't understand what ECO meant. Or then again, maybe he was having too spend too much time pushing those silly buttons instead of twirling a knob
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information