95 306 S16 Aftermarket Central Locking Installation
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 95 306 S16 Aftermarket Central Locking Installation

Hi everyone!

I'm up a certain creek without a certain instrument.

I couldn't afford a new Peugeot PLIP so I bought a Cyclops KE-CLR-11 Remote Keyless Entry System for my baby.

I found the Central Locking Control Unit behind the rear passenger seat and compared the wiring to the Haynes Manual.

I'm having trouble finding the correct wires from the IR receiver unit to the Central Locking unit. I removed the IR receiver unit from the center console and found the five wires from the Haynes manual circuit diagram . Two of these are meant to go directly to the Central locking unit (I guess to unlock and lock) but I can only find one wire that is directly connected from the receiver to the Central Locking unit (using a multimeter).

Advertisement

I'd appreciate any help before I start soldering, cutting and splicing. I can upload some photos they will help... the wiring diagram from the Cyclops manual and the Haynes wiring diagram (which doesn't seem that complete.)

A few questions:

Does anyone better wiring diagrams for the S16?
    Does anyone know if the Pug's central locking unit has a Positive or negative trigger?
    Also... Do the indicator lights flash on the S16 when you lock and unlock using the remote? I'd like to wire up the aftermarket unit to do the same.

I'd love to get this working.

Thanks for any help in advance,

David

David, I gave up trying when I did my central locking. I know this is of no help, but in the end i just couldn't get it to go. I took to 2pug places in sydney and whilst they could trigger it it sometimes whent off sequence, thus sometimes alarm off would shut the doors and vice versa!,.. sorry. - Chris
    ... ptui!

The PLIP on my has gone too and I was quoted $200 for a replacement key fob thingy. Lights do not flash when activated or deacticating central locking on my 94 (when it worked)
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

Tadpole

CHRIS:

You know, I usually don't give up with jobs like this but this time I think you're right. It's just too much work!

David

got a replacement key fob last year for $195 I rang around that that was pretty much the standard price.

works great but with tinted windows the infrared sensor of the S16 seems to have less range

the most annoying thing is a couple of weeks after buying it I saw a brand new one for sale on ebay UK for $40 AUS. It can be easily programmed and I'm still kicking myself for not buying this ebay one as a replacement... what the hell was I thinking ?
    1994 306 S16 sold but not forgotten
    2004 Clio 182 current

Fellow Frogger!

Hi

I thought that box behind the rear seat was for the alarm only & nothing to do with the central locking?

I thought the central locking / deadlocking control boxes where behind the glovebox.

Have you tried unplugging that box & then locking the door with the key?

Have a look here, Its about a 1997 406 but the information should be of help to you
    http://www.andyspares.com/discussion...TOPIC_ID=14192
    Last edited by LeePower; 4th June 2005 at 07:55 PM.
    2003 Pug 206 GLX TU3JP

Thread Information