306 Dash Lights
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 Dash Lights

Tadpole

Default 306 Dash Lights

Hi All, hope someone can help out with some info on this.

I purchased my `94 306 XT back in October last year, and up until recently, never needed to drive at night. A short while ago, I needed to drive in the dark so turned on my lights and found that none of the Dash lights worked, at all.

Advertisement

I've checked the fuses in the car, and all are fine, and I doubt its just a bulb (could be wrong) but the lighting on the centre console dont work either.

Just wondering if there is anything else that I can easily check before taking it into an Auto Electrician (was trying to avoid the huge Labour cost)?

This may sound stupid. But does your car have dash illumination adjustment? If so, maybe its just all the way down. Should just be a little wheel knob, on right side of the steering wheel, low on the dash. On my car, a 99 306, it is alway gets turned down after cleaning.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    This may sound stupid. But does your car have dash illumination adjustment? If so, maybe its just all the way down. Should just be a little wheel knob, on right side of the steering wheel, low on the dash. On my car, a 99 306, it is alway gets turned down after cleaning.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that I have checked that, and regardless of the direction I turn the dial, it makes no difference.

This adjuster needs to be connected to let the lights work. I would also double check the fuses. If you have to short the adjuster out, as it could look OK but might be electronically open circuit. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Thread Information