Peugeot 605
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Peugeot 605

Peugeot 605

Id like some people to tell me more about the 605? I read in a newspaper that the 605 only sold 8 cars in Australia. Is this a fact or what? It is quite hard to believe. Maybe they were very expensive or something. There is one that parks in Stanmore near my friends house & it looks fantastic.

Advertisement

Tell me more about them...? head_ban

nJm
    I'd like to find out more too, but from what I understand, they shared engines etc with the Citroen XM, so a 3L PRV V6 and so forth. About 4 of them got blown up in the movie Ronin.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Fellow Frogger!
    I live right near Stanmore (where Liberty St divides Newtown & Stanmore, where abouts is it Daniel - I've never seen one

A member of the Peugeot NSW club a 605. Join the club. I'm sure he'd be keen to share his experiences.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

My dad owns one which was imported from Hong Kong.
    Very nice to drive - open & lots of room. Feels a bit like the 604.
    The ride could be a bit better however
    Tons of go but approve

Tadpole
    Regan Motors in Melbourne had one in the yard the other day. Easy to mistake for a 405 unless you look closely.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    if you are quick enough to look the side mirrors are different between the 405 and 604 but other wise at a glance they look the same
    also 605's have extra silver bits on the grille like the 405 turbo diesels but that is also another difference in looks at a glance
    i remember one that was at a dealership on the highlands for a loooooooong time and was eventually sold to a local bloke and as far as i know the car is still floating around the bowral area
    there was also another one that was broken onto in sydney a while back and had the stereo stolen from it not knowing that it was security coded and was caught when he took it to an auto spark to try and fix it and he actually knew where the unit had come from and the bloke was caught lol
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

There was a 605 for sale down here (Melbourne) a couple of weeks ago......they wanted $19k I think, so they slot into XM "dear god, hold on!" depreciation bracket

<small>[ 13 August 2002, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: DTwo ]</small>
    ________
    Live Sex
    Last edited by DTwo; 22nd August 2011 at 02:15 AM.

i have here a sales brochure for the 605
    if you guys are interested let me know and i can scan in it for you
    it is an aussie brochure so i would say there would have been more than 8 sold here surely
    i remember the first one out here was a million dollar motor car due to it was the first aussie 605 then other followed
    the brochure i have is dated 1994
    they had quite a few good little features in the cars
    the engine put out 127kw and was still single OHC
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

It would appear from overseas forums that these cars can have a problem with the ABS on occasions.
    For the benefit of those that own them or know someone who does, have a look at this thread.

Alan S

<a href="http://www.andyspares.com/discussionforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=843" target="_blank">http://www.andyspares.com/discussionforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=843</a>
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I've spotted a few 605's around my area - one was for sale late last year in Box Hill.

A friend of mine has a metallic red (Vulcan?), and I saw a white one just the other day in the city. That accounts for 37.5% of the 605 population of Daniel's figures are correct! tongue
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

nJm
    I saw 2 605's at Regan Motors on the weekend. A burgundy one with beige leather interior and a white one with grey velour. Both looked pretty cool. The white one was $19k, the burgundy one was a bit more.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

I saw a 605 for the first time today, champagne coloured with beige leather interior. It was parked outside of Pugwreck in Bayswater and seemed to be in excellent condition. They do look really nice, sort of like a "fuller" 405. I'm surprised there aren't more around, but it looks like there are more than 8 in Australia.

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

nJm
    I've never been to Pugwreck, what's it like?

I've only ever spoken to them on the phone (put on the waiting list for a set of wheels)
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

1000+ Posts
    There was a 605SV at Barbagallo's over here for $24k, ab-so-lutely immaculate, 60,000k's white with black leather. I thought THAT must be a bargain...but $19K????? eek!

I think that gets close to Daniel's quota already!

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

nJm:
    I've never been to Pugwreck, what's it like?

I've only ever spoken to them on the phone (put on the waiting list for a set of wheels)
    It was my first time there, looking for the chrome insert in my rear bumper (which I'm asking for help on in another thread). The lady I spoke to was very helpful and seemed to know her stuff.

They've got a good range of 2ndhand bits in stock for all models of Pugs, and they also sell genuine oil, air, fuel etc. filters at good prices (apparently they sell 505 oil filters for around $14).

And, if you display their bumper sticker on your car, you get a discount! (it's a bit big though, still deciding if I should do it...)

And just digressing, Nick I couldn't help but notice the screenshot on your post about Apple Macs, you had kd lang's "Surrender" open on winamp... I didn't know that anyone else actually knew about that song! I heard it at the end of "Tomorrow Never Dies" (I'm a bit of a Bond fan), and thought it was the only good thing about the movie. eek! eek! (I'm probably opening a can of worms here)

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

nJm
    Hi Silverexec,

I agree, appart from all the interesting things the BMW 7 series did, "Surrender" was definately a high point for the film

I love bond, if anyone can remember which Rodger Moore film had him in a Citroen 2CV being chased by a couple of Pug 504s I'd love to know!

Another bond movie I don't remember, but there is a clip of hosted under the Citroen videos on this site that shows bond in a renault that gets chopped in half in busy french traffic???

cheers

edit to change 'bong' to 'bond'. Thanks Greenblood

<small>[ 22 August 2002, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

nJm:
    Hi Silverexec,

I agree, appart from all the interesting things the BMW 7 series did, "Surrender" was definately a high point for the film

I love bond, if anyone can remember which Rodger Moore film had him in a Citroen 2CV being chased by a couple of Pug 504s I'd love to know!

Another bong movie I don't remember, but there is a clip of hosted under the Citroen videos on this site that shows bond in a renault that gets chopped in half in busy french traffic???

cheers
    never say never i think it was nick
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

We seem to be getting a little OT, but anyway...
    which Rodger Moore film had him in a Citroen 2CV being chased by a couple of Pug 504s
    That would be For Your Eyes Only, the yellow 2CV took quite a thrashing but amazingly Bond and friend managed to escape in it (of course).
    there is a clip of hosted under the Citroen videos on this site that shows bond in a renault that gets chopped in half in busy french traffic???
    That's in A View To A Kill, definitely one of the most memorable Bond car chases.

And I just had a quick look at Never Say Never Again with Sean Connery (1983). The scene where Bond chases Fatima Blush on his motorbike, she's driving an unusual red Renault hatch with "Turbo" decals all over it and massive air intakes(??) on the quarter panels. He's then chased by a Pug 604, and trapped in a tunnel by a truck, where a Citroen CX and a Pug 505 (I think) are alongside.

It seems French cars made quite a showing in the Bond films! dance
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Post by njm
    Another 'bong' movie I don't remember, but there is a clip of hosted under the Citroen videos on this site that shows bond in a renault that gets chopped in half in busy french traffic???

Nick, 'Bond' hmmm... just don't inhale wink

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

nJm
    Thanks, didn't notice that clown

all fixed now

anyway, I'll have to dig those Bond movies up on friday, time to relax
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

Fellow Frogger!
    Saw a white 605 in Newtown yesterday - nice!

That Renault that gets cut in half is a Renault 11 TXE. Very nice car but pity it never came to australia (again another)....

rek
    I noticed a white 605 in the forecourt of Regan's in Balwyn yesterday evening. Was discounted to $16k or so from $19k.

Looked almost like a 405 from the front, except the chrome-edged front grille made me think it was something else ..

<small>[ 12 September 2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: rek ]</small>
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Tadpole
    I own a 605 V6 and it's a fine car.
    Mine is a '93 model and has done 125K.
    This is my fifth Pug. I've had a 403,404,504,604 and now the 605. I understand that 80 of these cars were imported into Oz.
    I would like to get hold of some service manuals and especially circuit diagrams for this car. If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful.
    Cheers.
    Trevor J. Baker

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information