Monroe Struts & Shocks for 504
  • Register
  • Help

Icon4 Monroe Struts & Shocks for 504

Hey guys

I'm planning to fit a hole set of Struts and Shocks for my 504, reading threads I found that 505GTI is the best setup but unfortunally they are not available at our wrekers , I found at our local dealers new Monroe setup that will fit 504s ( Oil not Gas ) but I found in some posts that some of you dont perfer Monroe specialy Dave, want to know why I also found at some dealers that they sell original shocks but I'm a bit worried about these because it is very suspisious that originals could be sold until today, so could any body give me advice about Monroe or do I just have to buy the original 504 shocks ( not new ) from wrekers ??

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

In the early 1970's Monroe shockers were fitted as original equipment on the rear of Australian assembled 504's.

My present Familiale had Monroes, I think Belgian ones, in the front struts. They did a good job, I thought, and were very durable.

But I would prefer the originals that were built into the strut housing any day...

Icon14

Ray
    Actually yes they are Belgian any many told me that belgian monroes are the most reliable thanks for the tip man

Thread Information