Rear End in a 205GTi
  • Register
  • Help

Rear End in a 205GTi

Hi all...

THe rear end of my little pug goes 'squeak' each time the car goes up or down (i.e I sit in it, or get out).

It also squeaks on the road.

From what I've been told, it is some sort of ball joint at the rear (to do with the trailing arms?) that occurs on all 205's...

Yes.. you can replace the rear end, however I've heard that there is an alternative where you drill a hole (somewhere) and fill the joint with grease.

Any idea what I'm talking about??? any touhgts?

thanks
    Justin
    [email protected]
    205 GTi 87 (with a slipping clutch, brakes that pull left, brake booster needing reco, rear end squeak, and a dash with more cracks then Bush's Iraqi war plan.) hehehe

Advertisement
    Pugsley The 1987 205 GTi Peugeot

Fellow Frogger!
    Not sure about drilling a hole and filling with grease. The rear end on 205's run on needle roller bearings and require the rear torsion bar to be stripped and to have them replaced, also a good time to lower the rear of the car.
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Ok.. so If I'm going to remove this squeak.. what do I need to order in terms of Parts?

Justin

Justin B:
    Hi all...

THe rear end of my little pug goes 'squeak' each time the car goes up or down (i.e I sit in it, or get out).

From what I've been told, it is some sort of ball joint at the rear (to do with the trailing arms?) that occurs on all 205's...

Yes.. you can replace the rear end, however I've heard that there is an alternative where you drill a hole (somewhere) and fill the joint with grease.

thanks
    Justin
    [email protected]
    205 GTi 87 (with a slipping clutch, brakes that pull left, brake booster needing reco, rear end squeak, and a dash with more cracks then Bush's Iraqi war plan.) hehehe
    Are you sure the squeak is coming from the rear suspension?

In my experience the noise is more likely to be the tailgate even though it seems related to suspension movement (as strange as that may sound)......

DTwo:
    Justin B:
    Hi all...

thanks
    Justin
    [email protected]
    Are you sure the squeak is coming from the rear suspension?

In my experience the noise is more likely to be the tailgate even though it seems related to suspension movement (as strange as that may sound)......
    Yea.. I think (99%) that it still squeaks with the hatch open...

jb

fair enough

Thread Information