Haynes 205 Manual
  • Register
  • Help

Default Haynes 205 Manual

I was looking at buying the Haynes guide book "Improve and Modify Peugeot 205". Does anyone have any experience with this book? Is it worth the money?

Advertisement

hi uda,

ive got that publication at home. its got great pix and general overviews of modifications one can do to their 205 si/gti ... but yeah, it really only gives you summations as opposed to the "proper" haynes manual (though the proper haynes manual gives no lue to further mods).

"improve and modify" have got some shitty sections with how to put stickers on your 205 and how to clean your plastic hubcaps, etc etc... so this gives you afair insight.

its an older publication and modification goal posts have moved on. also, its euro based with many mods and references to uk tuning houses and accessories.

if youre after a book just for a quick skims and to have pride and place in your peugeot book collection, buy it.

but if youre after a balls out more technical and step by step guide to mods and help tips, go get the "proper" haynes manual, and look out for mags at the newsagency... some of these mags like practical classics, etc always have 205 features.

current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

hmmm.... Might come in handy then if i want to put blitz and apexi stickers all over my car. I've already got the 'proper' haynes manual so i might save my dollars then.

dude i'd rather hold on to the cash and wait till several euro mag publications have a "205 special". theres been a fair few of late.

go treat your gti to some new oil and and a filter change
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

if you want a book on 205 gti's i cant recomend 'sporting peugeot 205 's ' by dave thornton high enough.[$29.95 from technical bookshop melbourne.]
    it goes thru all the mods and tuning and body kits available.
    lots of pictures and a photo of every 205 made in all its different evoloutions.
    unfortunatly though as reggie said they list uk companies and tunning mods as that is where the majority of mods come from.[uk,europe]
    an aussie based book would be a good idea for anyone wanting too start a book project but seeing as there are only about 800 odd cars in this country i dont see it being a best seller.
    this site will give you more info than any book you can get on aussie mods and parts.
    just remember if you are moding to spend,spend and oh yeah youll need to spend.
    good luck and post some piccys and info when your done-BAZZ

theres a copy on ebay (aus) atm. should go cheap.
    Anyone got a copy of the haynes manual they are looking to sell??

http://www.techbooks.com.au/

hey baz i found the sporting 205s book just wondering how many pages it is?

I initially saw all of these books on the Pitstop Bookshop (www.pitstop.net.au). This site seems to be a bit more expensive though than techbooks.

i got a haynes mannual from repco

They didnt have it in their stock so it got ordered in....... anyway, they only charged me like $30 bucks, i dont think they realised it cost them more............ bargin.

Anyone have the SPORTING PEUGEOT 205'S COLLECTOR'S GUIDE. What model is that on the front? Looks a little like my car.
    Last edited by burkey; 30th May 2005 at 09:21 AM.

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

I had a flip through both those books at the Technical Bookshop in Melbourne. The collector's guide was well ace and gave a good overview on the 205 history and variations. The 205 Griffe looks cool as!

The Haynes one was crap to be honest. flipped thru it and wasn't inspired one bit. Even had a look at the 306 one where they do up a 306XT or something like that (Asanka might be interrested int hat one though).
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Üda
    I was looking at buying the Haynes guide book "Improve and Modify Peugeot 205". Does anyone have any experience with this book? Is it worth the money?
    You can have mine , I reckon it's a bit ordinary...
    205gti

Hey stonefree,

did the collectors guide have thorough mods (engine, brakes etc.) for the 205 or is it just a history write up on the car?

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevesteve
    Hey stonefree,

did the collectors guide have thorough mods (engine, brakes etc.) for the 205 or is it just a history write up on the car?
    The Haynes guide had how to do the mods and stuff.

The Collector's guide only had a history etc.

Both were English books.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Thread Information