abs light
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: abs light

Default abs light

hey guys my abs light has come on, tried to bleed the brakes and the light stays on. anyone else had this problem??? the car is a gti180.
    the car is in the mechanics and i would really like it back. your help appricated

Advertisement

all sorted, just got the call, pick it up tomorrow

What was the problem?

In Australia: 05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: 09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

some valve in the abs unit that directs the fuild to each each was 'sticking'. But al is good now. Picking it up this arvo.
    The mechanic thinks it may have happened because i braked too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI130
    sounds like bull to me - the whole point of those servos in the ABS module is to work when you brake too hard - they dont do anything until you lock a wheel, then they spring into action. I would watching it like a hawk, making sure they changed the fluid and gave it a good flush out and occasionally checking (safely on a wet or gravel road) that the ABS is doing it thing properly.

some valve in the abs unit that directs the fuild to each each was 'sticking'. But al is good now. Picking it up this arvo.
    How do you brake "too hard"?? If you take your car out on a track you brake a lot harder and later than you ever will on the road. I know quite a few 206 owners that have taken their cars out on tracks and not had this problem. Could just be as simple as a faulty/sticking valve/sensor.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Braked too hard. My goodness. The whole idea of ABS is so that you can brake too hard without braking anything. I just love the whole idea of a mechanic trying to tell someone not to use the brakes too hard in an ABS-equipped car.

What exactly where you doing with the brake bleeding thing again? Was that when it happened or were you just seeing if that was the problem?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Braked too hard. My goodness. The whole idea of ABS is so that you can brake too hard without braking anything. I just love the whole idea of a mechanic trying to tell someone not to use the brakes too hard in an ABS-equipped car.
    If you love the idea, it makes me go out of my skin. But I guess this extends to every single professional who gives a not so technical recommendation to mask up the truth.

In Australia: 05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: 09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206

What exactly where you doing with the brake bleeding thing again? Was that when it happened or were you just seeing if that was the problem?
    When i noticed the light come on i took it down to my mechanic. he had it for the day and problem fixed. He only charged me for flushing the brakes $100.
    I'm keeping an eye on it though, done some hard brake tests, seems to work fine, doesn't pull to either side. Got the hazards to come on but didn't activate ABS.
    I Think it needs a wheel balance though, slight vibration comes on about 120km.
    Sound like a hassel, only got the car in march. If anythink else comes up it'll be straight back to Mr Peugeot.
    the only other thing i noticed is that the rear left wheel where he said the fault was the suspension seems to sit a little lower then the right side, about 2cm. Would you guys be worried about that?
    206 GTI180 '05

have you mod'd the suspension?

if your suspension is to hard it can screw around with the abs, a few of my friends jap cars here have the problem that the suspension is too hard and even when braking lightly the abs activates...

Thread Information