Alloy Wheels for Peugeot 505
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Saru

Thread: Alloy Wheels for Peugeot 505

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    136

    Default Alloy Wheels for Peugeot 505

    This maybe a stupid question because I'm pretty ignorant about tyre sizes etc but can 15" x 6" alloy wheels off a Peugeot 306 fit a 1992 505 with the same size rims? Just don't know if the stud pattern is different...
    Philip

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! Saru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    138

    Default

    In short - no.

    The 306 PCD is 4x108 and the 505 PCD is 4x140. The offset is likely to be very wrong as well. 505 offset is 25mm (isn't it?). I don't know what 306 offset is but I'd put a small amount of money on it not being 25mm.
    '94 405 Mi16

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Ta. I thought it was wishful thinking... Just seems to be more available in terms of alloy wheels for the modern cars versus the old 505.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saru
    In short - no.

    The 306 PCD is 4x108 and the 505 PCD is 4x140. The offset is likely to be very wrong as well. 505 offset is 25mm (isn't it?). I don't know what 306 offset is but I'd put a small amount of money on it not being 25mm.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by R12 Fan
    Ta. I thought it was wishful thinking... Just seems to be more available in terms of alloy wheels for the modern cars versus the old 505.

    they this link Peugeot Mags

    these are cheviot rims but still look good on a 505

    cheers
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

  5. #5
    Gone Fishin' Ray Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Burpengary and Murrumburrah, Qld and NSW
    Posts
    9,223

    Default

    505 wheels have approximately 50mm inset. 604 wheels, because they are a little wider and it's all added on the outside, have approximately the same.

    That's inset... the wheel has more rim width inside the bolt-up face than outside.

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! Saru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R12 Fan
    Ta. I thought it was wishful thinking... Just seems to be more available in terms of alloy wheels for the modern cars versus the old 505.
    Performance Wheels (might) make Superlites with the right PCD/offset etc.

    http://www.tip.net.au/~mcnamee/pac/a...5trxwheels.htm

    However, the 10-spoke wheels pictured in the link above:

    might not be in production as they now seem to offer the 15" rim in an 8-spoke style:

    that doesn't seem to have the same large face as would be needed to get the 140mm PCD.

    I suppose you could ask:
    http://www.performancewheels.com.au/contact.htm

    Derrick White likes this.
    '94 405 Mi16

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts David Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glenroy
    Posts
    1,141

    Icon10

    Quote Originally Posted by Saru
    Performance Wheels (might) make Superlites with the right PCD/offset etc.

    http://www.tip.net.au/~mcnamee/pac/a...5trxwheels.htm

    However, the 10-spoke wheels pictured in the link above:

    might not be in production as they now seem to offer the 15" rim in an 8-spoke style:

    that doesn't seem to have the same large face as would be needed to get the 140mm PCD.

    I suppose you could ask:
    http://www.performancewheels.com.au/contact.htm

    My uncle has superlites on his 505 Sti, they look nice in grey!
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

    Previous:

    05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

    Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •