306 problems - headlight and rear washer
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 problems - headlight and rear washer

Hi all,

The right hand side headlight on my 306 XR is crooked. It is pointing way too far downwards, and a little bit too far to the right. When using the adjustment knob behind the light, the angle of the light doesn't change (it works okay on the left headlight). It looks as though whatever is connecting the headlight to that adjustment knob has come undone and the headlight it leaning forward inside its case. Do you know how I might want to approach this?

Advertisement

Another problem - the washer for the rear wiper doesn't squirt any water. The reservoir under the front bonnet is full and the front washers squirt but not the rear. When I try it, I can hear the motor whirring, so it doesn't look like an electrical problem. Does the rear washer use the same reservoir as the front ones, or did I miss a separate one? If it's the same, do you think it may be blocked?

Thanks in advance, you've been a great help sofar.
    '94 306 XR

Dont know about the 306 but the 205 definately has a seperate bottle and motor located on the RHS on the boot space. The best indication would be to get someone activate the washers and find out where the noise is coming from. That will lead you straight to the washer bottle. If the nozzles are blocked carefully pull the hose off the nozzle and feed a fine piece of wire back and forth down the hole. Put the hose back on and it should be fixed. With regard to your headlight it sounds like its popped out of the retaining clips or the clips are broken. Compare it with the side that is ok and make sure everything is the same.

Jarrod

Tadpole

Thanks for the reply Jarrod.

I think that the noise the rear washer makes is coming from the front where the other reservoir is (strange that they'd sent the water such a long distance!). I'll see if I can try the fine piece of wire trick.
    '94 306 XR

hi matt, re: headlight your hunch seems most likely.

yeah, maybe the knob has just been screwed in, too deep, therefore, headlight adjustment is impossible.

i'd pull it out and try to re-align it again.

current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

the little knob that connects the adjuster to the headlight reflector breaks off so you will need to take the light out and then take the whole adjuster out to see what you have left in there

as for the rear screen washer 306's run both front and rear from the one so you will need to take the rear arm apart and clean it out as they get full of gunger
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    the little knob that connects the adjuster to the headlight reflector breaks off so you will need to take the light out and then take the whole adjuster out to see what you have left in there

as for the rear screen washer 306's run both front and rear from the one so you will need to take the rear arm apart and clean it out as they get full of gunger
    Thanks very much for your help. I ended up taking the rear wiper motor out and cleaning out the channel that the water travels through down the spindle and it's fixed.

The headlight had one broken clip and one clip that had just come unclipped. I clipped in the unclipped one and the headlight is working as it should for now, but it's kind of delicate with that other clip broken and might collapse again (from vibration). In case it keeps happening how much do you think a new headlight housing would cost?
    '94 306 XR

Thread Information