2007 Lap of Oz
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 2007 Lap of Oz

Default 2007 Lap of Oz

In May 2007 I am running a trip of 17000kms and 8 weeks duration which will start and end in Melbourne and will consist of a non competitive touring event around the coast of Australia. All 03 and 04 Peugeots eg 203,403.404.504,604, are eligible and entrants must belong to a CAMS affiliated club. Entry cost will be $100 per vehicle to cover administration costs, door stickers etc and subsidising a 4WD back up vehicle. This early notice gives you time to prepare a car. find a co-driver, retire early etc An itinerary has been prepared. Further details are available Regards Hank.

Advertisement

XTC

Sounds great ... who is running it, PCCV ?

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Yes I am running it for PCCV

Why must one belong to a CAMS-affiliated club?

I guess you need some kind of club-level licence, but an AASA licence would be acceptable, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Why must one belong to a CAMS-affiliated club?

I guess you need some kind of club-level licence, but an AASA licence would be acceptable, surely?
    Ray It's mainly to cover me as the organiser and also to allow the use of CH listed cars.

VIP Sponsor

[QUOTE=Ray Bell]Why must one belong to a CAMS-affiliated club?

I guess you need some kind of club-level licence, but an AASA licence would be acceptable, surely?[/QUOTE

The insurance will be through CAMS insurers so you need to be a member of CAMS, simple! You don't need a licence as such as this is a tour with no competitive element.

The other big PCCV event, the Ampol Rerun next April is coming on well.
    Rally legends Barry Ferguson, Bob Watson, John Bryson, Doug Stewart (1957 winner and Ralliart boss until recently), Bob Holden and high placing Vanguard driver Malcom Brookes (alongside Round Australia guru Hal Moloney) all look like being involved. We have other competitors and officials from past events making an appearance along the way and the 1970 Ampol winning DS Citroen will be on display at Brisbane.
    Presently we have with close to 60 entries from 203, 403 and 404 Peugeots and other cars from the 50s and 60s.
    The 1956 (in 403) winning driver's widow Elsie Murrell has agreed to accompany Alan Taylor (winning navigator) and his wife as guests of honour at a special function in Hillston (their home town) during the event.
    As you can imagine there is a huge amount of work involved what with all of the sporting events and functions that need planning and I am looking forward to the end of this event and being able to go on Hank's tour the year after to be able to unwind!
    Graham

Thread Information