405 French manufacture date
  • Register
  • Help

Default 405 French manufacture date

I need to find the French manufacture date for my 1994 405 SRI Pug. I am in the process of buying some engine parts for XU10J2C and apparently in 1994 there were diffrent engines for the first 6 months and second 6months onwards. The Australian ID silver plate showing manufacture date 10/94,however Service Book showing date of delivery 15/10/94?? I identified most of the car details from the VIN (VF34BRFX471301267) using very helpfull past threds on the forum, but still can't find the month there. The car info book is showing the ID plate in the front left side, but there is nothing there. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

Thanks Greg

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by gregR
    I need to find the French manufacture date for my 1994 405 SRI Pug. I am in the process of buying some engine parts for XU10J2C and apparently in 1994 there were diffrent engines for the first 6 months and second 6months onwards. The Australian ID silver plate showing manufacture date 10/94,however Service Book showing date of delivery 15/10/94?? I identified most of the car details from the VIN (VF34BRFX471301267) using very helpfull past threds on the forum, but still can't find the month there. The car info book is showing the ID plate in the front left side, but there is nothing there. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Greg
    Hi

I havant heard about any changes to the XU10J2 happening in 1994, I know there was several small changes in June 1995 to the engine.

New Lambda sensor, New throttle pot, A modification to the cylinder head, & an updated ECU.

Have you tried emailing Peugeot direct & asking them?
    Give them the VIN & Engine numbers & they should be able to help you out.

I have found build stickers before with the date on when working on my own 405, Have a look inside the steering column plastic trim & at the top of the centre consul above the 2 middle air vents, I found a build sticker behind there too ( They are written in French but you should be able to work it out )
    Last edited by LeePower; 19th May 2005 at 04:33 AM.
    2003 Pug 206 GLX TU3JP

The Australian plate is, I think, on door post between drivers side doors,
    Build plate is near radiator and has axle limits etc.
    LeePowers suggestion will help'. I have noticed date, usually month and year on many of the plastic panels throughout the car and is usually a circle within a circle with months and years indicated and a dot indicates when the part was molded. Also some paper labels have the date on them.
    Car makers work on the just in time principle'' in that the goods arrive at the car plant just before they are needed. costs money to store stuff

Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

Is there not an equivalent of CitroŽn's ORGA number in a Pug? With the ORGA number you can tell exactly what day the car was made using this link -

http://www.citroen-ds-id.com/gen/Gen_Organr.html

Paul
    Paul Smith

1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220

http://www.simplicitas.com.au

Thank you guys for the valuable info and advise. I will follow that up tomorrow. By the way the parts I need are big end bearings and as I mention yesterday they are different depending on the month car was manufactured.

Cheers Greg

Thread Information